Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Itunes Music Library file location with subdirectories...

Itunes Music Library file location with subdirectories...

jcc999

I want to have my music organized in subdirectories on my hard drive.
And I can only point the ITunes music library to one folder, the music
in the subdirectories doesn't show up. I hate to have to rebuild my
whole Music and playlists folders in ITunes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

jcc

PMcOuntry

On May 23, 10:53 pm, jcc999 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to have my music organized in subdirectories on my hard drive.
> And I can only point the ITunes music library to one folder, the music
> in the subdirectories doesn't show up. I hate to have to rebuild my
> whole Music and playlists folders in ITunes.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> jcc

I'm not sure that can be done, but try itunes site for the answer. I
had a lot of my music already in subfolders, which I then added/
imported into the itunes library and it stays in both places. As for
reversing that, try highlighting the songs you want, and clicking
export, then pointing it to the folder you want. It should still
leave them in the itunes library and the folders you want, but mind
you, it will take up more HD space.