Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Wireless networking

Wireless networking

Foefoe Foefoe is offline
Junior Member

I hope one of you kind souls can help me.

1- with an HP DV5000 series LAPTOP is the wireless compatible with an N series router?
2- I am set up with a Belkin N1 wireless router that seems a bit slow but the real problem is the signal strength will not reach the whole house. I need the signal to travel 150 to 200 feet through some concrete walls and ceilings, is this possible? Friends have suggested access points, signal boosters, expanders etc etc, I have no clue what to buy, I have no possibility to pass wires to these aides they must be wireless ie the router should talk to them at some point to boost the signal to the rest of the house.
Please help !!!!! signed CONFUSED.