Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > What do you want from a VOIP provider

What do you want from a VOIP provider

Infant Newbie

We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals in
this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR FOREVER
HOLD YOUR PEACE

Any takers?
The Management.

Henry Hooray

"Infant Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f305k2$fij$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals
> in this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR
> FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE
>
> Any takers?
> The Management.

Nope.

Ivor Jones

"Infant Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f305k2$fij$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net
> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
> out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
> would like from our service

No spam.

Ivor

Infant Newbie

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Infant Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:f305k2$fij$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net
>> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
>> out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
>> would like from our service

> No spam.

What makes this spam? It is a genuine request. This is a group with quite
considerable discussion about the pros and cons of VOIP Service Providers.
Why dont we try and get some Do's and Dont's from knowledgeable people? I am
not advertising any site at all.

Infant Newbie

"Henry Hooray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Infant Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:f305k2$fij$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
>> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals
>> in this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR
>> FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE
>>
>> Any takers?
>> The Management.

> Nope.

Why not? Wont you like a good service from a provider who wants to hear your
views?

RH

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Infant Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:f305k2$fij$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net
>> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
>> out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
>> would like from our service

> No spam.

I hate spam as much as the next person, spam as far as I define it is ; 1
way blatent advertising.
this message did not advertise any company or product and was a genuine
question trying to bring up a worthwhile discussion.

RH

"Infant Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f305k2$fij$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding out u guys n gals
> in this newsgroup! Tell me what you would like from our service - OR
> FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE
>
> Any takers?
> The Management.

Not sure why other have been so against your post as most people complain
companies do not listen to what potential customer want. Maybe if SIPGATE
had some respect for their customers and listen to them, they would not get
so slagged off on here.

My Needs;

I use VOIP for work, the service I need has to be rock solid, easy to
administer and with lots of functions. cost is an issue in that it should
be value for money
not cheap.

Features I like/would like in a service :
PSTN fallover/divert
Voicemail Configuration - on/off when to kick in
Decent range of DID not 0870 numbers - Willing to pay for
Competive Call charges, not silly free calls or silly overprices 20p/m
mobile calls
Work with Trixbox/Asterisk
Callme URL

Extra functions
If you can incorporate PBX type functions at a good rate then you will have
a winner, functions like :
blacklist
IVR
Call routing
On Hold Music
If you can do prompts via text files like callagenix do (not a voip provider
but a virtual pbx company) that would be great

Just some thoughts,

Brian A

On Thu, 24 May 2007 10:21:38 +0100, "RH" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Infant Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:f305k2$fij$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net
>>> We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are sounding
>>> out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me what you
>>> would like from our service

>> No spam.

>I hate spam as much as the next person, spam as far as I define it is ; 1
>way blatent advertising.
>this message did not advertise any company or product and was a genuine
>question trying to bring up a worthwhile discussion.

I agree, it the post did not advertise anything, so it might not be
considerd as spam - unless you consider it as market research spam.
I am going to give it the botd.

O.K., I was hoping I wouildn't be the first here ...
1. Obvious stuff like reliability and good quality audio.
2. Good prices including a flat rate to landlines like voip.co.uk and
vyke.co.uk. Decent mobile rates.
3. Good voicemail facility.
4. MUST work with Voxalot.
5. Usual inclusive 'network services' (i.e. 1471 etc.) additions.
6. Inclusive geo incoming number.

Now, the above should create some comment...

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Ivor Jones

"Infant Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f32j6p$a5h$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Infant Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:f305k2$fij$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net
> > > We will launch a new VOIP service soon. We are
> > > sounding out u guys n gals in this newsgroup! Tell me
> > > what you would like from our service

> > No spam.
> >

> What makes this spam?

It's unsolicited. That's the definition of spam.

> It is a genuine request. This is a
> group with quite considerable discussion about the pros
> and cons of VOIP Service Providers. Why dont we try and
> get some Do's and Dont's from knowledgeable people? I am
> not advertising any site at all.

Of course not.

<Plonk>

Ivor

Ivor Jones

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Thu, 24 May 2007 10:21:38 +0100, "RH"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > "Infant Newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:f305k2$fij$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net
> > >
> > > No spam.

> > I hate spam as much as the next person, spam as far as
> > I define it is ; 1 way blatent advertising.
> > this message did not advertise any company or product
> > and was a genuine question trying to bring up a
> > worthwhile discussion.

> I agree, it the post did not advertise anything, so it
> might not be considerd as spam - unless you consider it
> as market research spam.

It's still spam. It was unsolicited and the poster doesn't give an email
address that is valid, nor a website to check out. Not signs of a
reputable company IMO.

> I am going to give it the botd.
>
> O.K., I was hoping I wouildn't be the first here ...
> 1. Obvious stuff like reliability and good quality audio.
> 2. Good prices including a flat rate to landlines like
> voip.co.uk and vyke.co.uk. Decent mobile rates.
> 3. Good voicemail facility.
> 4. MUST work with Voxalot.
> 5. Usual inclusive 'network services' (i.e. 1471 etc.)
> additions.
> 6. Inclusive geo incoming number.
>
> Now, the above should create some comment...

Add to the above - don't spam newsgroups.