Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > System.Net.Mail Address Book Access

System.Net.Mail Address Book Access

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rldw==?=

I would like to allow our users a chance to select a MailMessage.To
destination if they want to before the email is sent. Is there a way to popup
the address book from OutLook? At this point, I'm assuming I'll need to use
automation to add this function.

Thanks, Stew

Mark Rae

"Stew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I would like to allow our users a chance to select a MailMessage.To
> destination if they want to before the email is sent. Is there a way to
> popup
> the address book from OutLook? At this point, I'm assuming I'll need to
> use
> automation to add this function.

Slightly curious...

Assuming this is a corporate intranet site, chances are addresses would
normally be stored in your mail server (e.g. the GAL in Exchange Server), so
you fetch them from there...

Obviously, you wouldn't even contemplate doing something like this on a
public website because of the security implications, and you'd have no way
of knowing if Outlook was installed anyway...

Can you describe your environment a bit more...?

--
http://www.markrae.net

=?Utf-8?B?U3Rldw==?=

yes, sorry it is an intranet site.

Mark Rae

"Stew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> yes, sorry it is an intranet site.

OK, so presumably you have a network mail server to which everybody's local
Outlook connects and which contains the global set of email addresses...?

--
http://www.markrae.net