Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Help Desk software

Help Desk software

rh

Just wondering what software, if any, you use for help
desk or support tracking? I was looking at using tecsync
but would like something that is out of beta and will
still sync with a pocketpc. Anyone have any
recommendations.

I know this isn't the correct newsgroup for this but I
wanted professionals view point.

Thanks

rh

Dragon

Don't know about techsync.
We used to use TrackIt by Blue Ocean and it was crap. I heard now its gone
much better. I believe Intuit now owns it (http://itsolutions.intuit.com/).
Don't use TestTrack. Its crap. There are other software as well but they
into high range like the ones from IBM, Siebal etc.

"rh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0c5701c4a63e$960994d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just wondering what software, if any, you use for help
> desk or support tracking? I was looking at using tecsync
> but would like something that is out of beta and will
> still sync with a pocketpc. Anyone have any
> recommendations.
>
> I know this isn't the correct newsgroup for this but I
> wanted professionals view point.
>
> Thanks
>
> rh

rh

Do you know if they are able to sync to a PDA? I have
been on www.helpdesk.com looking throught he product there
but am having a hard time finding something that can
actually sync to a PocketPC.

Thanks for the insight.

rh

Neil

babbling on and on again "rh" <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed in news:0c5701c4a63e
$960994d0$(E-Mail Removed):

> Just wondering what software, if any, you use for help
> desk or support tracking? I was looking at using tecsync
> but would like something that is out of beta and will
> still sync with a pocketpc. Anyone have any
> recommendations.
>
> I know this isn't the correct newsgroup for this but I
> wanted professionals view point.
>
> Thanks
>
> rh

were using the CA Service Desk software (admittedly an older version
but)...it's crap :\

--
Neil MCNGP #30

I have heard that Remedy is good...http://www.remedy.com/

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Dragon

I don't know about PDA synch but I believe they have a web module that you
might be able to use with a wireless PDA. Also, like Neil suggested, I have
also heard that Remedy is good.

"rh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3add01c4a640$ced06c60$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you know if they are able to sync to a PDA? I have
> been on www.helpdesk.com looking throught he product there
> but am having a hard time finding something that can
> actually sync to a PocketPC.
>
> Thanks for the insight.
>
> rh

LnkWizard

"rh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0c5701c4a63e$960994d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just wondering what software, if any, you use for help
> desk or support tracking? I was looking at using tecsync
> but would like something that is out of beta and will
> still sync with a pocketpc. Anyone have any
> recommendations.
>
> I know this isn't the correct newsgroup for this but I
> wanted professionals view point.
>
> Thanks
>
> rh

We are currently using Track-It by Intuit. Much
better since they bought it. Not sure about syncing
with a PocketPC but it does have some very nice
remote access features.

LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

Rowdy Yates

"rh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:0c5701c4a63e$960994d0$(E-Mail Removed):

> Just wondering what software, if any, you use for help
> desk or support tracking? I was looking at using tecsync
> but would like something that is out of beta and will
> still sync with a pocketpc. Anyone have any
> recommendations.
>
> I know this isn't the correct newsgroup for this but I
> wanted professionals view point.
>
> Thanks
>
> rh

remedy

btw - i hate IT!!!

Gil

You can check out Pocket/Desktop Helpdesk at www.nssdd.com. It allows
you to have a pocket pc and desktop version that will sync to the
desktop.

Gil