Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Powershot A20 battery failure

Canon Powershot A20 battery failure

chris

My A20 has stopped working from batteries - I put in new batteries
and it will not turn on.
It works fine from the AC poaer adapter.
Does anyone know whether this probelm is repairable? If so, is it
worth it or should I put the repair money towards a new one?
Thanks
Chris

Dave Cohen

chris wrote:
> My A20 has stopped working from batteries - I put in new batteries
> and it will not turn on.
> It works fine from the AC poaer adapter.
> Does anyone know whether this probelm is repairable? If so, is it
> worth it or should I put the repair money towards a new one?
> Thanks
> Chris

Cost of professional repair would be more than the camera is worth. The
problem could be either battery contacts or more likely the socket into
which you plug the AC adapter.
This needs to complete the battery circuit when plug is not inserted.
You might be able to short the connections externally to make the
circuit permanent and not use the AC adapter which you don't really need
anyway. I doubt you will be able to get at the actual contacts and
you'll need to disassemble the camera somewhat. Never done it so don't
know how hard this is. Maybe it's time for an upgrade.
Dave Cohen