Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ProfileCommon in an assembly

ProfileCommon in an assembly

muriwai

Hi, I have a website which used the following web.config:

------
<profile defaultProvider="SqlProfileProvider">
<add name="SqlProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"
..../>
<properties>
<clear/>
<add name="ProfileInfo" type="My.Profiles.ProfileInfo"/>
------

I then used the dynamically generated ProfileCommon class that had the
ProfileInfo property.

Now I am refactoring the website and I want ProfileCommon to be accessible
in an assembly which is referenced by the website. The problem is that
ProfileCommon is not known to the assembly because the latter knows nothing
about web.config.

What's the correct way to define custom profile properties in an assembly
for them to be also accessible via ProfileCommon?

Thanks

muriwai

Never mind, it seems I need to use "inherits".

news:(E-Mail Removed)...