Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Microsoft USB Wireless adapter Model MN-710

Microsoft USB Wireless adapter Model MN-710

=?Utf-8?B?S3A=?=

I've acquired one of these USB adapters but it did not come with any
software. I assumed it would just connect and I could use the Windows Zero
Config utility but the card is not even seen. Does anyone know of any way to
connect this adapter without the MS software or any place I can download the
MS software for that adapter for free?

Thanks.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
You need drivers in order to install the Wireless card.
Windows WZC can replace the manufacturer Wireless manger but it does not
provide drivers.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Kp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've acquired one of these USB adapters but it did not come with any
> software. I assumed it would just connect and I could use the Windows Zero
> Config utility but the card is not even seen. Does anyone know of any way
> connect this adapter without the MS software or any place I can download
> the
> MS software for that adapter for free?
>
> Thanks.

Sooner Al [MVP]

"Kp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've acquired one of these USB adapters but it did not come with any
> software. I assumed it would just connect and I could use the Windows Zero
> Config utility but the card is not even seen. Does anyone know of any way
> connect this adapter without the MS software or any place I can download
> the
> MS software for that adapter for free?
>
> Thanks.

To add to Jack's comments you might be interested in these links...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814445/

http://search.microsoft.com/results....en-US&q=MN-710

A link to the drivers on a third party site...

http://www.usb-drivers.com/drivers/225/225844.htm

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...