Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > servlet filter problem

servlet filter problem

polilop

I have an web application. Develop it in RAD, which has IBM WebSphere
Application Server, 6.0.0.0
.. I deploy the application on IBM WebSphere Application Server - Express,
6.0.2.5 on AS400
In my application i am using a authentication filter, which look's up if the
user is on the domain, and then in my servlet i look up the users
credentials, if it has none redirect him to non authorotive page. The
problem is when i test it local, works fine, filter checks if user exists,
if not prompts for domain user and password, but when i deploy it on my
AS400 my servlet gets called before the filter. Is there a reason for this?
i thought filters allways intercepted request's?

polilop

"polilop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f2se7g$oel$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr...
>I have an web application. Develop it in RAD, which has IBM WebSphere
>Application Server, 6.0.0.0
> . I deploy the application on IBM WebSphere Application Server - Express,
> 6.0.2.5 on AS400
> In my application i am using a authentication filter, which look's up if
> the user is on the domain, and then in my servlet i look up the users
> credentials, if it has none redirect him to non authorotive page. The
> problem is when i test it local, works fine, filter checks if user
> exists, if not prompts for domain user and password, but when i deploy it
> on my AS400 my servlet gets called before the filter. Is there a reason
> for this? i thought filters allways intercepted request's?

i have foud that i am redirecting from my index.jsp to an struts mapping,
and somwhere on the line my
filter get's skipped, as it's url mapping is to /*, if i put *.do it dose
not work, so if anybody
had a similar problem with struts, welcome page and filters pls help