Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Windows Vista hacked

Windows Vista hacked

Maro

Hexalon

On May 21, 5:51 am, Maro <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Again?
>
> http://www.ciocentral.org/entry/new-...ft-vista-hacke...

only a matter of time.

Bart Bailey

Better link: http://tinyurl.com/233z44

--

Bart

directive51

On Mon, 21 May 2007 11:51:56 +0100, Maro <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Again?
>
>http://www.ciocentral.org/entry/new-...-hacked-again/

I read where the new DVD security thingy got hacked too, before they
even released it to replace the prior one that was hacked earlier.

I'm surprised the hackers are making good on their claims that
they'd break anything M$ or the movie crowd thought up.

I was impressed by all the "security" talk in the long marketing
build up. Taken in by marketing once again I guess.

Vanguard

"Maro" wrote in message
news:465179cd$0$56918$(E-Mail Removed) anews.com...
> Again?
>
> http://www.ciocentral.org/entry/new-...-hacked-again/

Interesting how the link for "advantages" of Vista takes you to the
disadvantages and the "disadvantages" takes you to the advantages. Also
interesting is that this site wants to push an ActiveX control on your
host.

I wasn't aware that volume-licensed editions of Windows require a
product key or activation.

nobody@nospam.com

On Sat, 26 May 2007 11:33:43 -0500, "Vanguard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I wasn't aware that volume-licensed editions of Windows require a
>product key or activation.

On that note, I've got win2k, but I just downloaded the knoppix DVD
and ran my first "linux" the other day. Sucker booted right up,
everything worked. I punched up a couple of my favorite websites
and it wasn't a whole lot different than Opera on Windows. Love the
free Office suite too. Remarkable freebie.

Vanguard

nobody wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Vanguard" wrote:
>>I wasn't aware that volume-licensed editions of Windows require a
>>product key or activation.

> On that note, I've got win2k, but I just downloaded the knoppix DVD
> and ran my first "linux" the other day. Sucker booted right up,
> everything worked. I punched up a couple of my favorite websites
> and it wasn't a whole lot different than Opera on Windows. Love the
> free Office suite too. Remarkable freebie.

There are tons of LiveCD editions of Linux. Go to distrowatch.com.

Pacu

On Sat, 26 May 2007 11:33:43 -0500, "Vanguard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Maro" wrote in message
>news:465179cd$0$56918$(E-Mail Removed) tanews.com...
>> Again?
>>
>> http://www.ciocentral.org/entry/new-...-hacked-again/
>>

>Interesting how the link for "advantages" of Vista takes you to the
>disadvantages and the "disadvantages" takes you to the advantages. Also
>interesting is that this site wants to push an ActiveX control on your
>host.
>
>I wasn't aware that volume-licensed editions of Windows require a
>product key or activation.

is not now/?

Vanguard

"Pacu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)2lemon.net...
> On Sat, 26 May 2007 11:33:43 -0500, "Vanguard" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>"Maro" wrote in message
>>news:465179cd$0$56918$(E-Mail Removed) ctanews.com...
>>> Again?
>>>
>>> http://www.ciocentral.org/entry/new-...-hacked-again/
>>>

>>Interesting how the link for "advantages" of Vista takes you to the
>>disadvantages and the "disadvantages" takes you to the advantages.
>>Also
>>interesting is that this site wants to push an ActiveX control on your
>>host.
>>
>>I wasn't aware that volume-licensed editions of Windows require a
>>product key or activation.

> is not now/?

Don't use online translators. You won't get decent translations. Your
reply is an example.