Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > fixed positions of images versus relative positions

fixed positions of images versus relative positions

Knut Krueger

Hi to all,
on this page all images are in a fixed position
http://learnenglishinflorida.com/

(and its a lot of java script stuff)

I like the idea of the layout but not with fixed position particular of
the right and bottom margin of the text field.
Is there a chance to build similar pages with a relative right and
bottom boarder of a text field like this one.
Means with in a variable size with shadows at the boarder?

What do you think about a fixed left upper part (the images and the
menu)? or is there also a chance to build this relative.

A hint to similar relative pages would be helpful
Regards Knut

p.s and viewable without Java and Java script

Neredbojias

On Sun, 20 May 2007 15:08:06 GMT Knut Krueger scribed:

> Hi to all,
> on this page all images are in a fixed position
> http://learnenglishinflorida.com/
>
> (and its a lot of java script stuff)
>
> I like the idea of the layout but not with fixed position particular of
> the right and bottom margin of the text field.
> Is there a chance to build similar pages with a relative right and
> bottom boarder of a text field like this one.
> Means with in a variable size with shadows at the boarder?
>
> What do you think about a fixed left upper part (the images and the
> menu)? or is there also a chance to build this relative.
>

> A hint to similar relative pages would be helpful
> Regards Knut
>
> p.s and viewable without Java and Java script

Your page _is_ pretty attractive but the design is the antithesis of fluid
movement. If you want fluidity, redesign - from scratch. I think anything
else would be a waste of time.

PS: There's no text in the white box without javascript.

--
Neredbojias

Knut Krueger

Neredbojias schrieb:
> On Sun, 20 May 2007 15:08:06 GMT Knut Krueger scribed:
>
>> Hi to all,
>> on this page all images are in a fixed position
>> http://learnenglishinflorida.com/
>>
>> (and its a lot of java script stuff)
>>
>> I like the idea of the layout but not with fixed position particular of
>> the right and bottom margin of the text field.
>> Is there a chance to build similar pages with a relative right and
>> bottom boarder of a text field like this one.
>> Means with in a variable size with shadows at the boarder?
>>
>> What do you think about a fixed left upper part (the images and the
>> menu)? or is there also a chance to build this relative.
>>

>> A hint to similar relative pages would be helpful
>> Regards Knut
>>
>> p.s and viewable without Java and Java script

> Your page _is_ pretty attractive but the design is the antithesis of fluid
> movement.
>
> PS: There's no text in the white box without javascript.

yes I know, and it is not my design, but I was asked what will be there
after changing all to fluidity and without java script.
I told them that there is nothing left except the layout if anybod would
switch off javascript. Therefore they asked me what they should do ...

> If you want fluidity, redesign - from scratch. I think anything
>> else would be a waste of time.

This was also my impression
REgards Knut