Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > help: why some fave sites keep timing out?

help: why some fave sites keep timing out?

acorbin acorbin is offline
Junior Member

I had major internet (cable) connections troubles last week (on/off/on/off within minutes...) and now it seems ok but certain sites are no longer accessible!

I have done all the spyware checking, I deleted IE7 and am now using Firefox, but makes no difference. For example, I can no longer access CNN, Google (but ask and yahoo work), Shutterfly, Lands End... When I have tried over the past few days, I always get a timed out message.

Granted some I can live without, but since all my photos are on Shutterfly this could be a problem if I don't find a fix!

Any suggestions?????