Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Exam 70-350

Exam 70-350

Planet Earth

Hi everyone.
I'm currently studying for the exam 70-350 using the "Implementing MS ISA Server 2004 Self-paced Training Kit" book, and I schedule taking the exam on the first week of June.
I want to ask you if you think is enough reading just this book or I'll need any other supporting material.
Also I want to ask anybody who has taken this exam before wich skills are key to pass the exam.
Thanks in advance for your help answering to my questions.

Brian Komar

On Sat, 19 May 2007 18:33:36 -0300, Planet Earth wrote:

> Hi everyone.
> I'm currently studying for the exam 70-350 using the "Implementing MS ISA Server 2004 Self-paced Training Kit" book, and I schedule taking the exam on the first week of June.
> I want to ask you if you think is enough reading just this book or I'll need any other supporting material.
> Also I want to ask anybody who has taken this exam before wich skills are key to pass the exam.
> Thanks in advance for your help answering to my questions.

I recommend deploying and using the product.
Brian

Planet Earth

Well, currently I'm working with ISA Server 2000 and I'm upgrading to ISA
Server 2004.

"Brian Komar" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:1s3wr03c8nb4y.i4xdaaqac3d7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 19 May 2007 18:33:36 -0300, Planet Earth wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone.
>> I'm currently studying for the exam 70-350 using the "Implementing MS ISA
>> Server 2004 Self-paced Training Kit" book, and I schedule taking the exam
>> on the first week of June.
>> I want to ask you if you think is enough reading just this book or I'll
>> need any other supporting material.
>> Also I want to ask anybody who has taken this exam before wich skills are
>> key to pass the exam.
>> Thanks in advance for your help answering to my questions.

> I recommend deploying and using the product.
> Brian

Montreal MCT

Well then Brian, I do not want to discourage you, but if you have not
implemented and worked with ISA 2004 then you are not likely to pass 70-350.
ISA 2004 is about as different from ISA 2000 as two similarly named products
can be. Hold off on the exam, deploy and work with 2004 for a bit, and then
take the exam.

Good luck!

"Planet Earth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, currently I'm working with ISA Server 2000 and I'm upgrading to ISA
> Server 2004.
>
> "Brian Komar" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
> news:1s3wr03c8nb4y.i4xdaaqac3d7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 19 May 2007 18:33:36 -0300, Planet Earth wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone.
>>> I'm currently studying for the exam 70-350 using the "Implementing MS
>>> ISA Server 2004 Self-paced Training Kit" book, and I schedule taking the
>>> exam on the first week of June.
>>> I want to ask you if you think is enough reading just this book or I'll
>>> need any other supporting material.
>>> Also I want to ask anybody who has taken this exam before wich skills
>>> are key to pass the exam.
>>> Thanks in advance for your help answering to my questions.

>> I recommend deploying and using the product.
>> Brian

Brian Komar

ummm... I'm Brian.... Not the guy asking about the exam.
Brian (former MCT, current MVP)

On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:15:24 -0400, Montreal MCT wrote:

> Well then Brian, I do not want to discourage you, but if you have not
> implemented and worked with ISA 2004 then you are not likely to pass 70-350.
> ISA 2004 is about as different from ISA 2000 as two similarly named products
> can be. Hold off on the exam, deploy and work with 2004 for a bit, and then
> take the exam.
>
> Good luck!

> "Planet Earth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, currently I'm working with ISA Server 2000 and I'm upgrading to ISA
>> Server 2004.
>>
>> "Brian Komar" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
>> news:1s3wr03c8nb4y.i4xdaaqac3d7$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I recommend deploying and using the product.
>>> Brian

Montreal MCT

My bad

"Brian Komar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ummm... I'm Brian.... Not the guy asking about the exam.
> Brian (former MCT, current MVP)
>
> On Sat, 19 May 2007 20:15:24 -0400, Montreal MCT wrote:
>
>> Well then Brian, I do not want to discourage you, but if you have not
>> implemented and worked with ISA 2004 then you are not likely to pass
>> 70-350.
>> ISA 2004 is about as different from ISA 2000 as two similarly named
>> products
>> can be. Hold off on the exam, deploy and work with 2004 for a bit, and
>> then
>> take the exam.
>>
>> Good luck!

>> "Planet Earth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Well, currently I'm working with ISA Server 2000 and I'm upgrading to
>>> ISA
>>> Server 2004.
>>>
>>> "Brian Komar" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
>>> news:1s3wr03c8nb4y.i4xdaaqac3d7$(E-Mail Removed)...

Planet Earth

Actually I've been working with ISA Server 2004 SE several months in a test
environment, and I'm pretty sure I know the basics concepts detailed in the
MS Preparation Guide for exam 70-350.
Although I don't master the product (yet), I've purchased the Training Kit
book to help me achieve a higher degree of understanding of the different
tasks I can perform with the product.
Moreover, I'm searching for practice tests to make sure I qualify for taking
the exam.
So, can anybody give me some tips to point to the right direction towards
pass the exam?
Thanks for your help.

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well then Brian, I do not want to discourage you, but if you have not
> implemented and worked with ISA 2004 then you are not likely to pass
> 70-350. ISA 2004 is about as different from ISA 2000 as two similarly
> named products can be. Hold off on the exam, deploy and work with 2004
> for a bit, and then take the exam.
>
> Good luck!

> "Planet Earth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, currently I'm working with ISA Server 2000 and I'm upgrading to ISA
>> Server 2004.
>>
>> "Brian Komar" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
>> news:1s3wr03c8nb4y.i4xdaaqac3d7$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I recommend deploying and using the product.
>>> Brian

Montreal MCT

Well Planet, it sounds like you are on the right road to passing. Test
environment - check. Training Guide - check (The MS Press Self-Paced
Training book comes with an excellent test prep software called Readiness
Review Suite... go through that a few times!... check) Asking the right
people the right questions - check.

Now the only missing check is scheduling the exam! Good luck and let us
know how it goes!

"Planet Earth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Actually I've been working with ISA Server 2004 SE several months in a
> test environment, and I'm pretty sure I know the basics concepts detailed
> in the MS Preparation Guide for exam 70-350.
> Although I don't master the product (yet), I've purchased the Training Kit
> book to help me achieve a higher degree of understanding of the different
> tasks I can perform with the product.
> Moreover, I'm searching for practice tests to make sure I qualify for
> taking the exam.
> So, can anybody give me some tips to point to the right direction towards
> pass the exam?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> "Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well then Brian, I do not want to discourage you, but if you have not
>> implemented and worked with ISA 2004 then you are not likely to pass
>> 70-350. ISA 2004 is about as different from ISA 2000 as two similarly
>> named products can be. Hold off on the exam, deploy and work with 2004
>> for a bit, and then take the exam.
>>
>> Good luck!

>> "Planet Earth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Well, currently I'm working with ISA Server 2000 and I'm upgrading to
>>> ISA Server 2004.
>>>
>>> "Brian Komar" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
>>> news:1s3wr03c8nb4y.i4xdaaqac3d7$(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=

Yep, good luck on the exam. Use your test environment to install and setup a
reverse proxy ISA 2004 array with integrated full-duplex NLB. If you can do
this without having to consult some exam prep or the web, odds are you are
probably ok for practical understanding.

If you need supplemental test prep software beyond the readiness review
suite included with the book, I would advise looking at MeasureUp. The value
is much better than Transcender, although in my experience Transcender has
more comprehensive test coverage, a better testing engine, and it is nice to
have a console app. The choice is up to you.

Good luck! Post back with how you do...
--
Wayne Anderson