Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Bluetooth 'network cable unplugged'

Bluetooth 'network cable unplugged'

=?Utf-8?B?U2FyYWggTGFtYmll?=

For some reason my laptop's bluetooth has stopped working. It used to send
files happily back and forth to my phone and now it just won't. It tells me
in the Network Connections window and in the start bar that there is a
'network cable unplugged' but surely bluetooth being by definition a wireless
network that's impossible... I've run all the tests and the computer says
that the device is working properly and has the best available driver. How do
I make it work?!

Thanks,
Sarah

Roberto

Hello Sarah,

Im presenting a similar problem. I use to have a Bluetooth Network Icon (e.g. 2 little computer screens) that established connection each time I switched on my computer and suddenly I had some weird crash on my computer that obliged me to reset (30-something applications just opened up by themselves and were not respondent). After the reset, that BT Network Icon was X-ed with a "network cable unplugged" message.

I used BT to do the wireless HotSyncs of my Palm but now I am unable to do that. My drivers are also working properly (according to Windows XP). By the way, yesterday it seems I had a some kind of a major automatic upgrade for the OS, since it even made me reset my machine and completely disordered my desktop icons.

Any familiarity with this?

Hope someone helps...

Thanks,

Roberto.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

=?Utf-8?B?U2FyYWggTGFtYmll?=

Oh! Although I hadn't made the connection at the time, the same things
happened to me, and that must have been the point at which my bluetooth
stopped working. Does anybody recognise these symptoms or know how to fix
them? Please help! The automatic upgrades which I don't want seem to do
irritating bad things to my computer too, they happen all the time, and the
most recent result of this is that my internet explorer takes ages to connect
to the homepage where it used to go straight there...

Sarah