Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Using a spare laptop wireless LAN adapter

Using a spare laptop wireless LAN adapter

Papa

I have a spare laptop wireless LAN adapter. Is there a device available,
such as an USB converter of some sort, that will allow me to use this
wireless adapter with a desktop PC? Thanks.

Jack

If you are referring to a PCMCIA Card.

There are PCI insert that can be put into a Desktop's PCI slot, and a PCMCIA
card can be plugged in.

Example:
http://www.team-solutions.com/Produc...DrivesWLAN.htm

However these Gizmos are not highly compatible cross Brands, and it probably
will cost the same as buying a New USB or PCI Wireless Card.

Giving the price of Wireless Hardware, adaptors in most case are priced
about the same as the hardware, and are not as good as the real McCoy.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Papa" <(E-Mail Removed)> w

rote in message news:OYpO7m#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a spare laptop wireless LAN adapter. Is there a device available,
> such as an USB converter of some sort, that will allow me to use this
> wireless adapter with a desktop PC? Thanks.

Papa

Thank you very much. Appreciated.

news:%23ARPIK$(E-Mail Removed)...