Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Utility to check if FW is SIP-friendly?

Utility to check if FW is SIP-friendly?

Gilles Ganault

Hi

If I got it right, some firewalls support SIP easily through
STUN or UPnP, while others don't, requiring the use of fixed RTP ports
and opening the ad hoc ports on the router.

I noticed that some SIP devices, including the GrandStream GXP-2000
and the SJPhone softphone report back the type of NAT router that sits
in front of the LAN where the device is sitting (in my case, "Port
restricted cone").

Is there a stand-alone utility or web application that reports this
information, so as to make it easier to deploy SIP devices?

Thank you.

Gilles Ganault

On Sat, 19 May 2007 10:30:31 +0200, Gilles Ganault <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>Is there a stand-alone utility or web application that reports this
>information, so as to make it easier to deploy SIP devices?

For those interested:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/stun/

Last updated 2003-12-31, but it seems to work.

Hongtian

Please try miniSipServer which is a SIP server for windows. But it can
be STUN server at the same time.

On May 20, 10:27 pm, Gilles Ganault <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 May 2007 10:30:31 +0200, Gilles Ganault <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Is there a stand-alone utility or web application that reports this
> >information, so as to make it easier to deploy SIP devices?

> For those interested:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stun/
>
> Last updated 2003-12-31, but it seems to work.

Gilles Ganault

On 21 May 2007 23:10:15 -0700, Hongtian <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>Please try miniSipServer which is a SIP server for windows. But it can
>be STUN server at the same time.

Thanks, but I was just looking for a stand-alone client that I can
send to people who are having problems with their IP phone, and check
what kind of firewall they have.

=?windows-1252?Q?LRC=99?=

Gilles Ganault wrote:

> Thanks, but I was just looking for a stand-alone client that I can
> send to people who are having problems with their IP phone, and check
> what kind of firewall they have.

Try using netcheck.exe from FWD.

http://downloads.fwdnet.net/netcheck.exe

Gilles Ganault

On Sat, 26 May 2007 16:19:35 -0400, LRC™ <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>Try using netcheck.exe from FWD.
>
>http://downloads.fwdnet.net/netcheck.exe

Thanks.