Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > UTF-8 form

UTF-8 form

Alex

Hello all,

I have an UTF-8 page in which I have a form. When accentuated characters are
inputed in the different fields, the data that is submitted is garbled.
Before, the page was in ISO and the accents worked fine. We changed the page
the support other languages, including greek, russian, asian languages, etc.
The form is submitted to an ASP page which creates an e-mail and sends it to
an e-mail address.

We tried messing with the ASP page, setting it in UTF-8 as well, but nothing
seems to work... It's a bit out of my league and I don't really know how to
deal with this problem.. Any suggestions?

Ex
Data in form: ""

Data in final e-mail: "é"

We'd like to see "" in the email.

Alex.

J.O. Aho

Alex wrote:

> Data in form: ""
>
> Data in final e-mail: "é"

Thats how the UTF-8 character looks like when outputted in ISO-8859
I would guess you didn't fix the visual basic script.

> We'd like to see "" in the email.

IMHO php is quite good at that.

--

//Aho

Alex

> Thats how the UTF-8 character looks like when outputted in ISO-8859
> I would guess you didn't fix the visual basic script.

How would I fix the VB script? We're mostly C/C++ programmers here, so we're
probably lacking a bit of base knowledge

> IMHO php is quite good at that.

I'll give it a try, good suggestion.

Alex.