Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > 405 Method Not Allowed

405 Method Not Allowed

_

Don't open a page of internet and it say "
405 Method Not Allowed"
What is it?In firefox

Moz Champion (Dan)

_ wrote:
> Don't open a page of internet and it say "
> 405 Method Not Allowed"
> What is it?In firefox

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E405.html

All Web servers can be configured to allow or disallow any method.
For example if a Web server is 'read-only' (no client can modify URL
resources on the Web server), then it could be set up to disallow the
PUT and DELETE methods. Similarly if there is no user input (all the Web
pages are static), then the POST method could be disallowed. So 405
errors can arise because the Web server is not configured to take data
from the client at all. They can also arise if the client does not have
sufficient authority to the particular URL resource identified on the
request.

So without the url of the site to check it is difficult to adjudge why
the specific failure

_

for example...
i'm in flickr.com with a username, i exit with sign out, i would like to
entry with another user and ....the page give me this 405 Method Not Allowed

"Moz Champion (Dan)" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:vzh3i.6158$(E-Mail Removed)...
_ wrote:
> Don't open a page of internet and it say "
> 405 Method Not Allowed"
> What is it?In firefox

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E405.html

All Web servers can be configured to allow or disallow any method.
For example if a Web server is 'read-only' (no client can modify URL
resources on the Web server), then it could be set up to disallow the
PUT and DELETE methods. Similarly if there is no user input (all the Web
pages are static), then the POST method could be disallowed. So 405
errors can arise because the Web server is not configured to take data
from the client at all. They can also arise if the client does not have
sufficient authority to the particular URL resource identified on the
request.

So without the url of the site to check it is difficult to adjudge why
the specific failure

Canopus

_ scribed:

>for example...
>i'm in flickr.com with a username, i exit with sign out, i would like to
>entry with another user and ....the page give me this 405 Method Not
>Allowed

It shouldn't be doing that, many users have more than one account and
different users should easily access Flickr from the same PC. Try taking
it up in the Flickr Help forum.

--
Rob

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canopus_archives/

_

flickr site is an example...

Moz Champion (Dan)

_ wrote:
> flickr site is an example...

an example of what? By such extensive editing, removing ALL references
you have made your post meaningless.
You may know the problem, it is after all, your problem, but others
don't. Please leave enough in the replies so a person can figure out
what the heck is going on.

And please don't say "reading the previous message is easy". I peruse
dozens of newsgroups, anywhere from 100 to 1500 messages a day. I simply
don't have the time to go back and re-read 200 to 3000 messages per day
simply because you like to snip out everything.

_

What you are saying? I have only asked an aid. If it is not a your problem,
he does not interest at me. If you want, you can give me an answer,
otherwise if you remain in silence you seem more intelligent.

Moz Champion (Dan)

_ wrote:
> What you are saying? I have only asked an aid. If it is not a your problem,
> he does not interest at me. If you want, you can give me an answer,
> otherwise if you remain in silence you seem more intelligent.

I am saying please include SOME reference to the problem when you reply!

Read your posts it says

flickr site is an example

that's ALL it says! What is it an example of? Where is the other
information needed to make sense of your question? You should quote it
in the post.

If someone you don't know walks up to you and says "The pie is in the
oven" - would you be able to figure out what he is talking about? You
need more context to put the statement in. Whose pie, what oven for example.

With your posts, because you are NOT quoting previous messages, there is
no context, your posts are meaningless.

How can I assist you with a problem when you don't tell me what it is?
I read several dozen newsgroups a day, anywhere from 100 to 1500 posts
daily - asking me to remember your specific problem from day to day is
rather egocentric, why would I remember YOUR specific problem and not
the other hundred to a thousand I read?
Expecting me to read previous a previous post or posts is ridiculous. I
dont have the time to re-read 200 to 3000 messages in a day.

Quote at least SOME of the previous message so a reader has some context
to which your message applies. You would get better assistance that way.

Expecting someone to drop what they are doing and re-read 1 to dozens of
Most helpers will go on, ignoring you, and look for a questin where they
don't have to 'work' to get the information.

If you are not willing to quote previous information then don't complain
when you don't get any help

Canopus

_ scribed:

>What you are saying? I have only asked an aid. If it is not a your
>problem, he does not interest at me. If you want, you can give me an
>answer, otherwise if you remain in silence you seem more intelligent.

I wouldn't get wound up over it if I was you, Moz tends to be an absolute
purist when it comes to newsgroups and can go over the top with anyone who
slightly deviates from his concept of newsgroup perfection. He can
contribute quite intelligently to threads though as he did earlier in this
one.