Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Embedded Asterisk(tm) Appliance For Open Source Communities announced by VoIP Pioneers (6)

Embedded Asterisk(tm) Appliance For Open Source Communities announced by VoIP Pioneers (6)

techtalk123@yahoo.com.au

Hi, I just want to let the forum know that TechnoCo has announced its
embedded Asterisk™ PBX appliance, "Vdex", running a technoCo modified,
embedded version of popular Asterisk™ PBX open software version 1.4.

Vdex is a hardware telephony platform (appliance) integrating multiple
microprocessors and multiple digital signalling processors with
numerous industry-standard, hardware-based voice codecs and LAN and
telecom line interfaces. Vdex is an appliance: no disk drive, no
monitor/keyboard and no noisy power supply.

Ivor Jones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com
> Hi, I just want to let the forum know that TechnoCo has
> announced its embedded AsteriskT PBX appliance, "Vdex",
> running a technoCo modified, embedded version of popular
> AsteriskT PBX open software version 1.4.

This is a newsgroup not a forum.

Ivor

Paul Cupis

On 2007-05-18, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> This is a newsgroup not a forum.

Are you trying to drag this[1] thread over to uk.telecom.voip?

[1]
<http://groups.google.com/group/uk.telecom.broadband/browse_thread/thread/7071cec11183e18d/3ffc7eb569101bf5?lnk=raot#3ffc7eb569101bf5>

Desk Rabbit

Ivor Jones wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com
>> Hi, I just want to let the forum know that TechnoCo has
>> announced its embedded AsteriskT PBX appliance, "Vdex",
>> running a technoCo modified, embedded version of popular
>> AsteriskT PBX open software version 1.4.

> This is a newsgroup not a forum.

And I found that particular piece of news re the Asterisk appliance very
useful.

Ivor Jones

"Paul Cupis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On 2007-05-18, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > This is a newsgroup not a forum.

> Are you trying to drag this[1] thread over to
> uk.telecom.voip?

No, but you seem to be doing a good job. Please return to
uk.telecom.broadband.

Ivor

Ivor Jones

"Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)
> Ivor Jones wrote:
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com
> > > Hi, I just want to let the forum know that TechnoCo
> > > has announced its embedded AsteriskT PBX appliance,
> > > "Vdex", running a technoCo modified, embedded version
> > > of popular AsteriskT PBX open software version 1.4.

> > This is a newsgroup not a forum.

> And I found that particular piece of news re the Asterisk
> appliance very useful.

Good, I'm very pleased to hear it. But this group still isn't a forum.

Ivor

Desk Rabbit

Ivor Jones wrote:
> "Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)
>> Ivor Jones wrote:
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com
>>> This is a newsgroup not a forum.

>> And I found that particular piece of news re the Asterisk
>> appliance very useful.

> Good, I'm very pleased to hear it. But this group still isn't a forum.

No, it's a newsgroup and that was news. It was also news that was
relevant to VOIP.

Ivor Jones

"Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Ivor Jones wrote:
> > "Desk Rabbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed)
> > > And I found that particular piece of news re the
> > > Asterisk appliance very useful.

> > Good, I'm very pleased to hear it. But this group still
> > isn't a forum.

> No, it's a newsgroup and that was news. It was also news
> that was relevant to VOIP.

I wasn't disputing that.

Ivor

Paul Cupis

Ivor Jones wrote:
> I wasn't disputing that.

No, your original post seems to have been purely to make it known that
you don't like a certain word.

Ivor Jones

"Paul Cupis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f2ld94$lar$(E-Mail Removed)
> Ivor Jones wrote:
> > I wasn't disputing that.

> No, your original post seems to have been purely to make
> it known that you don't like a certain word.

Correct.

Ivor