Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Seeking Education Advise

Seeking Education Advise

Tuckejam Tuckejam is offline
Junior Member
Location: Denver

I have recently accepted the sad truth that effort Skill knowledge and experience are of no value to employers. Some how Knowledge is useless unless you have paid for it.

I am 29 and only have a H.S. Diploma I have spent the last 10 Years working in Sales, and over the last 5 years been doing a lot of application development for the various company's that i have worked for. I am interested in a career in I.T. However there seems to be hundreds of general areas of it
Networking
Programing
Security
Database
Computer Repair

And Hundreds of SubCategories

Network Design. Network Admin
Programing C++, Perl, Java, Python, Visual Basic.
Database Design, Database Management,
Oracle, Jet, Etc
And then there seems to be proprietary equipment.
Microsoft, Cisco, Apache,

I always thought it was strange that I could do things the I.T. department didn't know was possible. But it seems almost impossible to learn about the technology you will wind up working with.

I had hoped i could pick up some certifications but it seems like with out a degree Comp TIA and that seems to be pretty basic stuff.

If anyone can offer me any advise or link me somewhere to help me figure it all out it would be greatly appreciated