Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > no more 32 bit windows (?!!)

no more 32 bit windows (?!!)

Barb Bowman

XS11E

Barb Bowman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://apcmag.com/6121/windows_serve...a_version_itis

It's time. Many, if not most, hardware/software vendors have *finally*
recognized the existence of 64 bit computing and have released 64 bit
products or have said that 64 bit products are coming.

In a completely unrelated note, at least one OS (whose discussion is
off topic here) is also rapidly catching up with 64 bit drivers, my
current install of 64 bit Mandriva 2007 (Ooops, sorry, pretend you
didn't see that, OK?) is the first that has recognized ALL my hardware.

FWIW, I finally got all my hardware running in Vista 64 just about the
same time as I did in (OS not to be mentioned).

Colin Barnhorst

The inclusion of Windows Home Server in the article as a part of the
WS2k8/Vista family is probably wrong. I believe that it is off of the WS2k3
codebase.

Thanks for the post.

"Barb Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://apcmag.com/6121/windows_serve...a_version_itis
> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Charlie Russel - MVP

yes, it is at this point.

And yes, it's clear that the end is in site for 32-bit. But we're a ways
away from that point yet.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64