Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Modelsim 6.3 & VHDL2006

Modelsim 6.3 & VHDL2006

HT-Lab

Not sure if anybody has noticed but Modelsim 6.3 now supports some minor
VHDL2006 constructs, see the vhdl200x technote after installation.

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

David Bishop

HT-Lab wrote:
> Not sure if anybody has noticed but Modelsim 6.3 now supports some minor
> VHDL2006 constructs, see the vhdl200x technote after installation.

The fixed and floating point packages are supposed to be in the
IEEE_PROPOSED library.

Go to:
http://www.vhdl.org/fphdl/vhdl.html

for versions of these packages modified for various tools.

Amal

On May 23, 10:18 pm, David Bishop <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> HT-Lab wrote:
> > Not sure if anybody has noticed but Modelsim 6.3 now supports some minor
> > VHDL2006 constructs, see the vhdl200x technote after installation.

> The fixed and floating point packages are supposed to be in the
> IEEE_PROPOSED library.
>
> Go to:http://www.vhdl.org/fphdl/vhdl.html
>
> for versions of these packages modified for various tools.

Yes, I wonder why they did not create IEEE_PROPOSED instead?!

-- Amal

problem with modelsim Torsten Bitterlich VHDL 3 04-24-2008 10:52 PM
xilinx logiblox and modelsim SE 5.6 Tim Terry VHDL 1 07-21-2003 03:25 PM
VHDL Simulation in ModelSim Manfred Balik VHDL 0 07-15-2003 02:12 PM
ModelSim Error Msg Yogi V. VHDL 3 07-03-2003 10:48 AM
Re: ModelSim 5.7 and xilinx libraries David Bishop VHDL 1 06-28-2003 04:53 PM

Advertisments