Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Gift Horse

Gift Horse

philo

"Frosty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a happy mystery.
> I use one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones.
> Yesterday I had 5 min's left on it and had to go to a meeting.
> Normally I would have just left the phone in the car to avoid it
> ringing and disturbing everyone. But I forgot and carried it with me.
> When I'd realized what I'd done, I decided to just turn the phone off,
> and did.
>
> Afterwards, when back out in my car, I turned it back on and it
> couldn't find a signal, so I just closed it and put it into my pocket.
> Later on I opened it to make a call and found that it has 9999 min's
> on it! (Due 1/14/200 So, happily I proceeded to make some calls.
> Now that's weird -n- all, but the really weird thing is that the min's
> don't count down.
>
> Any of y'all ever seen this happen?

Wait 'til you get the bill!!!!!!

Frosty

I have a happy mystery.
I use one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones.
Yesterday I had 5 min's left on it and had to go to a meeting.
Normally I would have just left the phone in the car to avoid it
ringing and disturbing everyone. But I forgot and carried it with me.
When I'd realized what I'd done, I decided to just turn the phone off,
and did.

Afterwards, when back out in my car, I turned it back on and it
couldn't find a signal, so I just closed it and put it into my pocket.
Later on I opened it to make a call and found that it has 9999 min's
on it! (Due 1/14/200 So, happily I proceeded to make some calls.
Now that's weird -n- all, but the really weird thing is that the min's
don't count down.

Any of y'all ever seen this happen?

philo

> >Wait 'til you get the bill!!!!!!

> You misunderstand.
> There ain't no bills.
> It's a pay-as-you-go
> One must buy cards and pay as one buys them.
> For example, I go to Wal-Mart and plunk down $60 and get 600 minutes.
> When the minutes are gone I must go and buy another card.

Oh...
then that's a great deal!!!

Don't complain about it.

Frosty

On Thu, 17 May 2007 07:30:08 -0500 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "philo"
<(E-Mail Removed)>, intended to write something intelligible, but
instead wrote :

>"Frosty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I have a happy mystery.
>> I use one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones.
>> Yesterday I had 5 min's left on it and had to go to a meeting.
>> Normally I would have just left the phone in the car to avoid it
>> ringing and disturbing everyone. But I forgot and carried it with me.
>> When I'd realized what I'd done, I decided to just turn the phone off,
>> and did.
>>
>> Afterwards, when back out in my car, I turned it back on and it
>> couldn't find a signal, so I just closed it and put it into my pocket.
>> Later on I opened it to make a call and found that it has 9999 min's
>> on it! (Due 1/14/200 So, happily I proceeded to make some calls.
>> Now that's weird -n- all, but the really weird thing is that the min's
>> don't count down.
>>
>> Any of y'all ever seen this happen?

>Wait 'til you get the bill!!!!!!

You misunderstand.
There ain't no bills.
It's a pay-as-you-go
One must buy cards and pay as one buys them.
For example, I go to Wal-Mart and plunk down $60 and get 600 minutes.
When the minutes are gone I must go and buy another card.

why?

On Thu, 17 May 2007 08:31:57 -0500, Frosty wrote:

>I have a happy mystery.

Gift Horse - Steiff Plush Horse
http://www.bear-world.com/acatalog/ean052187-m.jpg

>I use one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones.
>Yesterday I had 5 min's left on it and had to go to a meeting.
>Normally I would have just left the phone in the car to avoid it

<snip>

Me

Charlie Allnut

"Frosty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a happy mystery.
> I use one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones.
> Yesterday I had 5 min's left on it and had to go to a meeting.
> Normally I would have just left the phone in the car to avoid it
> ringing and disturbing everyone. But I forgot and carried it with me.
> When I'd realized what I'd done, I decided to just turn the phone off,
> and did.
>
> Afterwards, when back out in my car, I turned it back on and it
> couldn't find a signal, so I just closed it and put it into my pocket.
> Later on I opened it to make a call and found that it has 9999 min's
> on it! (Due 1/14/200 So, happily I proceeded to make some calls.
> Now that's weird -n- all, but the really weird thing is that the min's
> don't count down.
>
> Any of y'all ever seen this happen?

That's a know issue with the fart detection circuitry.

Instead of sending a reading back to VZW Central when you cut a really big
one, it registers free minutes between 1 and 9999 depending on the strength
of what it sniffed....

Frosty

On Thu, 17 May 2007 12:42:55 -0400 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "Charlie
Allnut" <null@null>, intended to write something intelligible, but
instead wrote :

>"Frosty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I have a happy mystery.
>> I use one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones.
>> Yesterday I had 5 min's left on it and had to go to a meeting.
>> Normally I would have just left the phone in the car to avoid it
>> ringing and disturbing everyone. But I forgot and carried it with me.
>> When I'd realized what I'd done, I decided to just turn the phone off,
>> and did.
>>
>> Afterwards, when back out in my car, I turned it back on and it
>> couldn't find a signal, so I just closed it and put it into my pocket.
>> Later on I opened it to make a call and found that it has 9999 min's
>> on it! (Due 1/14/200 So, happily I proceeded to make some calls.
>> Now that's weird -n- all, but the really weird thing is that the min's
>> don't count down.
>>
>> Any of y'all ever seen this happen?

>That's a know issue with the fart detection circuitry.
>
>Instead of sending a reading back to VZW Central when you cut a really big
>one, it registers free minutes between 1 and 9999 depending on the strength
>of what it sniffed....

Makes as much sense as anything.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Frosty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Afterwards, when back out in my car, I turned it back on and it
>couldn't find a signal, so I just closed it and put it into my pocket.
>Later on I opened it to make a call and found that it has 9999 min's
>on it! (Due 1/14/200 So, happily I proceeded to make some calls.
>Now that's weird -n- all, but the really weird thing is that the min's
>don't count down.

DO NOT remove the battery for any reason, just a reminder.

>Any of y'all ever seen this happen?

No but I have a son who would not only enjoy such a fluke, but use
every minute.

--
Psychologist offers advice on surviving a vicious Internet ass-kicking
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comm...IDLink=2810621

Special Gift Gift Idea using Your Photo! emyface2@hotmail.com Digital Photography 0 04-03-2006 11:07 AM
Fill out a short survey and win $100 gift certificate. jilp Cisco 0 11-24-2003 06:01 PM
OT gift ideas? Consultant MCSE 1 10-22-2003 12:36 AM
Re: A Gift for the MCSE that has everything Kendal Emery MCSE 1 08-01-2003 02:45 AM

Advertisments