Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > I need halp with my wireless network..

I need halp with my wireless network..

=?Utf-8?B?ZGhhdmFsXzE5MjA=?=

Hi, I am sorry but I am new to this wireless networking....I just got new
wireless router and connected my two computers and I got my internet to work
on both computers through wireless network but I cant access files from
either computer. Please help me with this. As I am new to this
networking....a step by step solution or detailed explanation would be a good
idea.

Thank You

Dhaval

Jack

Hi
If you can access the Internet from both computers we would assume that your
Wireless works OK. and you have a Sharing issue.
Log to this page it has a lot of links to instructions to Windows Network
Settings, and Sharing: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"dhaval_1920" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I am sorry but I am new to this wireless networking....I just got new
> wireless router and connected my two computers and I got my internet to

work
> on both computers through wireless network but I cant access files from
> either computer. Please help me with this. As I am new to this
> networking....a step by step solution or detailed explanation would be a

good
> idea.
>

> Thank You
>
> Dhaval

=?Utf-8?B?R2NvcnB1eg==?=

Enable "File and Printer Sharing" from your Network Connections properties.
If you want to share files and interact with each other then enable both of
them.

Since you have a wireless router, port 135-137, and 139 is not exposed
outside, means you;re network is not compromised.

After enabling the file and printer sharing, share the folder you want to
share and map to it by:

\\{computername}\{sharename}

Make sure you specify the proper login credentials when a login and password
window prompted you..

Good Luck..

"dhaval_1920" wrote:

> Hi, I am sorry but I am new to this wireless networking....I just got new
> wireless router and connected my two computers and I got my internet to work
> on both computers through wireless network but I cant access files from
> either computer. Please help me with this. As I am new to this
> networking....a step by step solution or detailed explanation would be a good
> idea.
>

> Thank You
>
> Dhaval

=?Utf-8?B?ZGhhdmFsXzE5MjA=?=

Hey thank you guys.....but I still didnt get it....its not working.....