Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > is google groups posting to usenet down?

is google groups posting to usenet down?

Mike Easter

sittingduck wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All.

> So you are saying you pulled an AC, and only read the header? <G>

That's who I tho't about.

Now that AC has gone off into his own little posting world, Blinky is
going to take up Alan-responding to the posts he doesn't read/download

Blinky, maybe you can borrow AC's slrn-pull gizmo for 'reading/replying
without downloading' since we miss Alan's non-newsreader style so much.

Not.

--
Mike Easter

Blinky the Shark

sittingduck wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> Of course. That's why I said "your". Otherwise, I would have said
>> "his" or "her" or "its".
>>
>> No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All. But I can easily
>> override that on a per-post basis when I feel like making a bit of fun
>> with one having seen it quoted by someone else, as I did above. That
>> (backing up to the parent article) only takes two keystrokes. I only do
>> that to respond very rarely -- and never with help.

> So you are saying you pulled an AC, and only read the header? <G>

No. I saw the OP's text quoted by someone else. I went to the parent
article (the OP's article). I replied.

> I didn't see any posts but yours and the googlers at first, (get parent from
> your post) but upon reconstructing the thread just now, I see some replies
> above yours. So I will assume you jumped up the thread from the replies.

That's what I said I did in my first reply to you.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Blinky the Shark

Mike Easter wrote:
> sittingduck wrote:
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>> No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All.

>> So you are saying you pulled an AC, and only read the header? <G>

> That's who I tho't about.

And "only read[ing] the header" has nothing to do with what I did.

I read a post. It quoted the Google Groper. I hit the key combo for
"read parent article", which reveals even killed (-9999) posts. I
replied to that article.

That has nothing to do with "only read[ing] headers".

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Blinky the Shark

> sittingduck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>> Must be. I can't see your post...

>>> Killing all posts from Google Groups

>>You realize that you replied directly to a google post?

> Can't believe he replied to a GGer.

1. I didn't offer help.

2. Read my replies to Dee and sittingduck to understand why
my reply does not conflict with my GG-kill policy. I'm
tired of repeating something so simple.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

sittingduck

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> 2. Read my replies to Dee and sittingduck to understand why
> my reply does not conflict with my GG-kill policy. I'm
> tired of repeating something so simple.

Then why bother? Why are you so worried? Anyone with knowledge of newsreaders
knows killing posts doesn't mean you never read them. Did you not notice the
<G> when I made the AC joke? I thought you loved pointing out the obvious?
You now tire of it?

Blinky the Shark

sittingduck wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> 2. Read my replies to Dee and sittingduck to understand why my reply
>> does not conflict with my GG-kill policy. I'm tired of repeating
>> something so simple.

> Then why bother? Why are you so worried? Anyone with knowledge of
> newsreaders

I didn't bother, with muy reply to him. I referred him to the two posts
I wrote *before* I tired of writing them.