Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Unusual question

Unusual question

rfpexec@yahoo.com

I live in the US and as such have a US IP address. Because of this, I
am blocked from using some websites in Europe.

Is there a way that I can log on to some site and then surf the net
from that site so it appears that I have a European IP address? A
Swiss address would be the most desirable.

I heard that it was possible to do it through the Netherlands.

Any ideas???

Thanks,
Bill

Robert Baer

> I live in the US and as such have a US IP address. Because of this, I
> am blocked from using some websites in Europe.
>
> Is there a way that I can log on to some site and then surf the net
> from that site so it appears that I have a European IP address? A
> Swiss address would be the most desirable.
>
> I heard that it was possible to do it through the Netherlands.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Which websites?
I will try some of them and let you know my experience.

Paul

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I live in the US and as such have a US IP address. Because of this, I
> am blocked from using some websites in Europe.
>
> Is there a way that I can log on to some site and then surf the net
> from that site so it appears that I have a European IP address? A
> Swiss address would be the most desirable.
>
> I heard that it was possible to do it through the Netherlands.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

This is an example. They are in Sweden.

https://www.relakks.com/?lang=en

Paul

Robert Baer

Paul wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I live in the US and as such have a US IP address. Because of this, I
>> am blocked from using some websites in Europe.
>>
>> Is there a way that I can log on to some site and then surf the net
>> from that site so it appears that I have a European IP address? A
>> Swiss address would be the most desirable.
>>
>> I heard that it was possible to do it through the Netherlands.
>>
>> Any ideas???
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bill
>>

> This is an example. They are in Sweden.
>
> https://www.relakks.com/?lang=en
>
> Paul

Strange; i had no problem; a "copy and paste" of the site looks like:
Great Britain

Relakks offers you not only to surf anonymously, but also to use clients
and applications anonymously on the internet.
How it works:
You'll exchange the IP-number you get from your ISP to an anonymous
IP-number .
You get a safe/encrypted connection between your computer and the Internet.
Subscribe:
Only SEK 49.00 per month or SEK 449.00 for 12 months

prepaid
incl. VAT
Special offer

* News
* Sign up
*
o Connecting XP
o Connecting Vista
o Connecting OSX
o Q & A
o Security
o Legal
o About Relakks
o Affiliate programme
* Sign in

Sign up for a subscription now and Feel more free and Relakksed when on
the Internet!

Sign up!
Relakks provides services to help individuals to assure the security and
integrity of their information. Relakks' responsibility stems from the
strong Swedish tradition of protecting the integrity of private life and
all forms of communication between individuals.
Relakks - broadband Swedish style!
Methinks the problem may stem from your ISP.