Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Migration/Network Setup Resources

Wireless Migration/Network Setup Resources

Les

I'm looking for a migration guide for moving a small business on Win
2000 over to an entirely wireless setup. I have found plenty of
"Wireless Setup Guides" and "Wireless Setup How-To's" that end up
saying nothing about setting up a wireless network. I have even found
articles entitled "How to Setup a Wireless Network," that don't
explain in any way how to setup a wireless network.

Perhaps you guys have had more luck.

Les

Jack

Hi

It is a Migration issue. Wireless is a replacement to wire, with some minor
adjustment the basic Network can be the same.

How to set the Wireless and get rid of the Wire depends on the way your
Network is configured (topology), Internet requirement, etc.

The following is a collection of links that make simple explanations for
wireless setting as it goes in what is the mainstream of peer to peer
network with Internet Sharing. If it does not fit your situation then you
have to explain better what your Network is consists of.

The content of the following links will provide you with a short tutorial
about Wireless; it is short and to the point: Principles -

The page above was written by me ages ago. You might ignore the prices, but
the principles are still the same.

Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).