Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Help

=?Utf-8?B?bGFkeXBlcmE=?=

I had to reformat my drive and re-install windows to my HP Pavillion laptop
w/amd 64 atholon. Now when I try to install, mainly from the web, I get this
error message:C:\Documents and settings\peggy\lcal settings\temporary
internet files\content.IE5\2T6T6715\(whatever I am attempting to
install)(1).exe is not a valid Win 32 application.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't know what I did. I am running
windows XP Pro. I know what I am trying to put back on is valid as I had it
before.
Thanks for any info!

Charlie Russel - MVP

This is the error message you will get if the download is corrupted. Or
there is a read error trying to run it. My guess is that if you're having a
lot of problems like this, as opposed to a single one, that there's some
sort of permissions problem on the folder. I'd try moving your temporary
internet files folder.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64