Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > MS-type Memorystick makes W98SE crash

MS-type Memorystick makes W98SE crash

Maria

Hi al --

AMD 500 MHz W98SE desktop, 512 MB, plenty of storage, USB 4-port HUb >>
Hama USB 9-in-1 memorycardreader, works fine for all CompactFlash cards. Original Hama W98SE Driver installed.

Friend inserts his Sony/Sandisk MS Pro card and when, clicked on its link, the machine freezes.
CTRL-ALT-DEL shows [msgsrv32 not responding].

This behaviour was repeated, same indications; no way to read this cardtype, 256 MB / 1 GB regardless.

Any clues as to this behaviour - and howto cure?

Maria

Mike Easter

Maria wrote:

> Friend inserts his Sony/Sandisk MS Pro card and when, clicked on its
> link, the machine freezes.
> CTRL-ALT-DEL shows [msgsrv32 not responding].

> howto cure?

Remove and replace the cardreader driver install after checking for
newest drivers at hama

http://www.hama.de/service_lid2/down...eous/index.hsp
Home > Service > Download > Drivers > USB > Cardreader

Workaround. Take the card to a photoshop and put the files on a CD.

--
Mike Easter

Maria

Gracias Mike! Will try!
Maria

"Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht news:464b3b45$0$97250$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
| Maria wrote:
|
| > Friend inserts his Sony/Sandisk MS Pro card and when, clicked on its
| > link, the machine freezes.
| > CTRL-ALT-DEL shows [msgsrv32 not responding].
|
| > howto cure?
|
| Remove and replace the cardreader driver install after checking for
| newest drivers at hama
|
| http://www.hama.de/service_lid2/down...eous/index.hsp
| Home > Service > Download > Drivers > USB > Cardreader
|
| Workaround. Take the card to a photoshop and put the files on a CD.
|
| --
| Mike Easter

Maria

Hi all,

the problem is/was in the firmware of the Hama 0047100 Cardreader.
Once I found the new firmware, downloaded it and installed it -- the problem was gone.
All memorysticks could be read without any trouble.

For those who suffer from the same glitch, go to

http://www.hama.de/portal/type*3/act...Mode*1/q*47100

and get your new firmware to install.

Read the .pdf first as not all installsteps are logical, I found.

The drivers are unchanged from earlier on; I left them as they were.

Ciao, Maria

"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht news:464b2891$0$32558$(E-Mail Removed)...