Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > printing label from web form

printing label from web form

BillE

I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo LabelWriter
from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
pressing a print button.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks!
Bill

Mark Rae

"BillE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo LabelWriter
>from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
>pressing a print button.
>
> What is the best way to do this?

Is the printer connected to the client machine or the server / network...?

--
http://www.markrae.net

BillE

to the client machine
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "BillE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo LabelWriter
>>from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
>>pressing a print button.
>>
>> What is the best way to do this?

> Is the printer connected to the client machine or the server / network...?
>

> --
> http://www.markrae.net

Mark Rae

"BillE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> to the client machine

Have you thought about constructing a separate 'print-friendly' window...?

--
http://www.markrae.net

Alexey Smirnov

On May 16, 5:44 pm, "BillE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo LabelWriter
> from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
> pressing a print button.
>
> What is the best way to do this?

Just tell the user to press a print button

BillE

Alexey -
Thanks for the input.
I tried building an html table and printing to the Dymo (by pressing a Print
button, as you suggest), but unfortunately I was not able to get the textual
portion of the label to consistently align properly.
I was hoping that I might benefit from someone's experience using a
different method I hadn't considered.
-Bill

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On May 16, 5:44 pm, "BillE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo
>> LabelWriter
>> from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
>> pressing a print button.
>>
>> What is the best way to do this?
>>

> Just tell the user to press a print button

BillE

Come to find out Dymo has a windows SDK which does what I need using
javascript - I haven't tried it yet, but the documentation is promising. I
will look harder before posting on the newsgroup next time.

Bill

"BillE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to print an address label (about .75" x 2.5") to a Dymo LabelWriter
>from a web form, with the minimum amount of user interaction other than
>pressing a print button.
>
> What is the best way to do this?
>
> Thanks!
> Bill

Alexey Smirnov

"BillE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alexey -
> Thanks for the input.
> I tried building an html table and printing to the Dymo (by pressing a
> Print button, as you suggest), but unfortunately I was not able to get the
> textual portion of the label to consistently align properly.
> I was hoping that I might benefit from someone's experience using a
> different method I hadn't considered.
> -Bill

I think it's just a matter of layout.

BTW, have you tried this?