Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Canon Pixma MP800 and wireless printserver: Recommandations.

Canon Pixma MP800 and wireless printserver: Recommandations.

kenneth.christophersen@gmail.com

Hi

I've just tried to get a Linksys WPS54G working with above mentioned
printer - with no luck. Got confermed by Canon and Linksys that the
two arent compatible...

So: Does anyone have a writeless printserver working with an MP800? By
working I mean being able to print - that's all.

Best regards Kenneth

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I doubt that you would find a fully functonal 3rd party printer server, may
be this, http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/ps4a/homepage.spml email and
ask them, it is an expensive device.
There is a version of the printer MP800R that is Network ready, contact
Cannon may be there is an upgrade path to the Network module.
In general, http://www.ezlan.net/prtserver.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi
>
> I've just tried to get a Linksys WPS54G working with above mentioned
> printer - with no luck. Got confermed by Canon and Linksys that the
> two arent compatible...
>
> So: Does anyone have a writeless printserver working with an MP800? By
> working I mean being able to print - that's all.
>
> Best regards Kenneth

kenneth.christophersen@gmail.com

On May 17, 4:46 am, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
> I doubt that you would find a fully functonal 3rd party printer server, may
> be this,http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/...page.spmlemail and
> ask them, it is an expensive device.
> There is a version of the printer MP800R that is Network ready, contact
> Cannon may be there is an upgrade path to the Network module.
> In general,http://www.ezlan.net/prtserver.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> > Hi

> > I've just tried to get a Linksys WPS54G working with above mentioned
> > printer - with no luck. Got confermed byCanonand Linksys that the
> > two arent compatible...

> > So: Does anyone have a writeless printserver working with anMP800? By
> > working I mean being able to print - that's all.

> > Best regards Kenneth

Hi Jack

Thank's for the info - even if it's not very uplifting. Think I'll try
and contact Canon.

Kenneth