Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Microsoft E-Learnging?

Microsoft E-Learnging?

BSB

Has anyone used the Microsoft E-Learning courses? Just
wondering if they are worth the money or if I should go
to a CTEC.

Thanks for the help.

BSB

Laura A. Robinson

circa Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:55:38 -0700, in
microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, BSB ((E-Mail Removed)) said,
> Has anyone used the Microsoft E-Learning courses? Just
> wondering if they are worth the money or if I should go
> to a CTEC.

You get them along with some of the CTEC courses, if that makes any
difference to you.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

So you would recommend attending the CTEC over just doing
the e-learning coursework?

I have some experience in Windows Server 2003 but have
spend most of my time in NT 4.0 and Windows 2000. I
haven't attended any training and now have the opportunity
to get some training with me new employer. We have some
training through centriq training centers.

I currently have a four server setup that I experiment
with Windows 2000 (AD) and Citrix, amoung other things.
Just wondering if I should attend a CTEC or continue with
my self study.

Thanks

BSB

Neil

babbling on and on again <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed in news:1dd801c49a62
$17ce8720$(E-Mail Removed):

> Just wondering if I should attend a CTEC or continue with
> my self study.

yes, you should. The benefit of a GOOD CTEC is that it might have a GOOD
trainer who can bring you not only what's in the book (never enough for a
test and never should be) and some real world experience. you can pick
thier brian and ask the questions that are pertinent to your work. after
the course you can go back and play with stuff and self-study for teh
exam (the only way to do it). If your employer is paying for it, it's
worth it to pick a good trainers brain. trick is finding the good
trainers....

--
Neil MCNGP #30

BSB

Thanks for the insight. I will start asking around and see
if the CTEC has anyone that is worth taking a class from.
The Citrix instructor was very good. Maybe he will be
doing the MS stuff as well.

Thanks for your help.

BSB

>$17ce8720$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Just wondering if I should attend a CTEC or continue

with
>> my self study.

>yes, you should. The benefit of a GOOD CTEC is that it

might have a GOOD
>trainer who can bring you not only what's in the book

(never enough for a
>test and never should be) and some real world experience.

you can pick
>thier brian and ask the questions that are pertinent to

your work. after
>the course you can go back and play with stuff and self-

study for teh
>exam (the only way to do it). If your employer is paying

for it, it's
>worth it to pick a good trainers brain. trick is finding

the good
>trainers....
>
>--
> Neil MCNGP #30
> the "curious" hair on the soap of society
>.

Neil

babbling on and on again "BSB" <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed in news:0a4801c49a68
$178c1830$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks for the insight. I will start asking around and see
> if the CTEC has anyone that is worth taking a class from.
> The Citrix instructor was very good. Maybe he will be
> doing the MS stuff as well.

if you liked teh Citrix instructor it might also be worth hooking up with
him/her and having them recommend a trainer...

I would also encourage you to interview the trainer your self prior to
the course if you are concerned about the quality...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

BSB

Neil
Thanks for the info. I took your advice and called the
Citrix instructor that I had last spring. Looks like he
has two classes starting soon that haven't been
advertised. Since I have already taken the 70-210 &215
test I will be working on the 216 and 217 test with him.
He doesn't work for a CTEC but the course material is
offical Microsoft curriculum so I figure I am safe on
working through the company he is working with.

Thanks for the advice.

BSB

>$178c1830$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> Thanks for the insight. I will start asking around and

see
>> if the CTEC has anyone that is worth taking a class

from.
>> The Citrix instructor was very good. Maybe he will be
>> doing the MS stuff as well.
>>

>if you liked teh Citrix instructor it might also be worth

hooking up with
>him/her and having them recommend a trainer...
>
>I would also encourage you to interview the trainer your

self prior to
>the course if you are concerned about the quality...
>
>--
> Neil MCNGP #30
> the "curious" hair on the soap of society
>.

Keyboard Cowboy

Yeah... and their brain too!!!! 2 for 1!!!!

Neil

babbling on and on again "Keyboard Cowboy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> spewed in news:0b9301c49a76
$2a775aa0$(E-Mail Removed):

> Yeah... and their brain too!!!! 2 for 1!!!!

friggin' speelers

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Laura A. Robinson

circa Tue, 14 Sep 2004 06:52:37 -0700, in
microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ((E-Mail Removed)) said,
> So you would recommend attending the CTEC over just doing
> the e-learning coursework?
>
> I have some experience in Windows Server 2003 but have
> spend most of my time in NT 4.0 and Windows 2000. I
> haven't attended any training and now have the opportunity
> to get some training with me new employer. We have some
> training through centriq training centers.
>
> I currently have a four server setup that I experiment
> with Windows 2000 (AD) and Citrix, amoung other things.
> Just wondering if I should attend a CTEC or continue with
> my self study.

If your employer is paying for it, I'd say it's definitely worth
attending ILT.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde