Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to use all my bandwidth?

How to use all my bandwidth?

Brian

Is there an easy way to use as much bandwidth as possible on my internet
connection? I want to download and upload as much as I can for a short
period of time (a minute or two to longer up towards 15-20 minutes). Are
there any websites anyone knows about where I can go and just upload and
download gibberish to max my bandwidth usage while there?

I've googled but have only found websites for standard bandwidth tests and
information on reducing my bandwidth usage. Downloading and uploading
torrents is one option, but it is very shaky and seldom utilizes all the
bandwidth available or come close for that matter.

Thanks in advance!

Vanguard

news:464adee3$0$5817$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there an easy way to use as much bandwidth as possible on my
> internet connection? I want to download and upload as much as I can
> for a short period of time (a minute or two to longer up towards 15-20
> minutes). Are there any websites anyone knows about where I can go and
> just upload and download gibberish to max my bandwidth usage while
> there?
>
> I've googled but have only found websites for standard bandwidth tests
> and information on reducing my bandwidth usage. Downloading and
> uploading torrents is one option, but it is very shaky and seldom
> utilizes all the bandwidth available or come close for that matter.

You get what your ISP gives you amongst sharing with other customers on
your segment. You only get what the server will give you as many will
throttle each connection to ensure other connections remain responsive.
If you want more bandwidth then you have to pay more to your ISP but
that won't help with throttling regulated at the servers.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Send yourself a file http://megaupload.com/
--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40865443@N00/499142480/