Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > conectivity problem

conectivity problem

Li'l Roberto

I set up a peer to peer network recently, it will work flawlessly for a
couple of days then the wireless client just refuses to find the
network, and gives error msgs such as "no networks currently
available" or "unable to renew IP address". The other PC can always
access the Internet & email, once the problem with conectivity occurs
it is unable to see the other PC or use its shared printer.

Details are :
Identical hardware in PCs - MSI 865PE system board
Celly D 320 CPU 512MB RAM
O/S WinXP Home Edtion
Linksys WAG54G ADSL Modem/ Router /Access Point
Linksys PCI WMP 54G wireless NIC

Router connects to PC1 via ethernet CAT5e cable
Chanel is set to 11 [have tried lower ones, same result]
SSID is set to broadcast
Security is WEP 64bit
Wireless signal has to pass through two timber & gyproc walls [not solid
brick] the areas which the signal travels is devoid of any metal
objects, electronic devises that could disrupt the signals.
There are no other wireless LANs in the vicinity
All the phones in the area have line filters

Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated.

rgds
Li'l Roberto

Carey Holzman

Unplug the router for a few minutes and then plug it back in.

Carey

"Li'l Roberto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I set up a peer to peer network recently, it will work flawlessly for
>a couple of days then the wireless client just refuses to find the
>network, and gives error msgs such as "no networks currently
>available" or "unable to renew IP address". The other PC can always
>access the Internet & email, once the problem with conectivity occurs
>it is unable to see the other PC or use its shared printer.
>
> Details are :
> Identical hardware in PCs - MSI 865PE system board
> Celly D 320 CPU 512MB RAM
> O/S WinXP Home Edtion
> Linksys WAG54G ADSL Modem/ Router /Access Point
> Linksys PCI WMP 54G wireless NIC
>
> Router connects to PC1 via ethernet CAT5e cable
> Chanel is set to 11 [have tried lower ones, same result]
> SSID is set to broadcast
> Security is WEP 64bit
> Wireless signal has to pass through two timber & gyproc walls [not
> solid brick] the areas which the signal travels is devoid of any
> metal objects, electronic devises that could disrupt the signals.
> There are no other wireless LANs in the vicinity
> All the phones in the area have line filters
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated.
>
> rgds
> Li'l Roberto

Li'l Roberto

Carey
Been there, done that !
Sometimes it works ,often not - but why is it losing the connection
?.

rgds
Li'l Roberto

"Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23C%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Unplug the router for a few minutes and then plug it back in.
>
> Carey
>
> "Li'l Roberto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I set up a peer to peer network recently, it will work flawlessly for
>>a couple of days then the wireless client just refuses to find
>>the network, and gives error msgs such as "no networks currently
>>available" or "unable to renew IP address". The other PC can always
>>access the Internet & email, once the problem with conectivity occurs
>>it is unable to see the other PC or use its shared printer.
>>
>> Details are :
>> Identical hardware in PCs - MSI 865PE system board
>> Celly D 320 CPU 512MB RAM
>> O/S WinXP Home Edtion
>> Linksys WAG54G ADSL Modem/ Router /Access Point
>> Linksys PCI WMP 54G wireless NIC
>>
>> Router connects to PC1 via ethernet CAT5e cable
>> Chanel is set to 11 [have tried lower ones, same result]
>> SSID is set to broadcast
>> Security is WEP 64bit
>> Wireless signal has to pass through two timber & gyproc walls [not
>> solid brick] the areas which the signal travels is devoid of any
>> metal objects, electronic devises that could disrupt the signals.
>> There are no other wireless LANs in the vicinity
>> All the phones in the area have line filters
>>
>> Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated.
>>
>> rgds
>> Li'l Roberto

Carey Holzman

Sounds like a defective router. I recommend you contact the manufacturer to
arrange a warranty replacement (assuming it's still under warranty).

Carey

"Li'l Roberto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Carey
> Been there, done that !
> Sometimes it works ,often not - but why is it losing the connection
> ?.
>
> rgds
> Li'l Roberto
>
> "Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23C%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Unplug the router for a few minutes and then plug it back in.
>>
>> Carey
>>
>> "Li'l Roberto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I set up a peer to peer network recently, it will work flawlessly for
>>>a couple of days then the wireless client just refuses to find
>>>the network, and gives error msgs such as "no networks currently
>>>available" or "unable to renew IP address". The other PC can always
>>>access the Internet & email, once the problem with conectivity occurs
>>>it is unable to see the other PC or use its shared printer.
>>>
>>> Details are :
>>> Identical hardware in PCs - MSI 865PE system board
>>> Celly D 320 CPU 512MB RAM
>>> O/S WinXP Home Edtion
>>> Linksys WAG54G ADSL Modem/ Router /Access Point
>>> Linksys PCI WMP 54G wireless NIC
>>>
>>> Router connects to PC1 via ethernet CAT5e cable
>>> Chanel is set to 11 [have tried lower ones, same result]
>>> SSID is set to broadcast
>>> Security is WEP 64bit
>>> Wireless signal has to pass through two timber & gyproc walls [not
>>> solid brick] the areas which the signal travels is devoid of any
>>> metal objects, electronic devises that could disrupt the signals.
>>> There are no other wireless LANs in the vicinity
>>> All the phones in the area have line filters
>>>
>>> Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> rgds
>>> Li'l Roberto

Limited or no conectivity carts69 General Computer Support 2 12-26-2009 06:11 AM
conectivity error Jose ASP .Net Web Services 0 01-31-2009 07:53 PM
JDBC Conectivity e01osama Java 2 05-13-2005 02:38 AM
Router conectivity problem Sid Computer Support 1 02-08-2004 05:28 PM

Advertisments