Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Rebooting Computer

Rebooting Computer

Koss

I had a friend that builds computers make me a new one. He has made several
in the past for me with no problems. This one is a real PITA....

This one is a duel core AMD Athhlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+2.60GHz
with a Abit KN9 mother board and came with 1 GB of Crucial Dual Channel
memory but supports up to 4 GB of memory. It has a ATI Radeon X1300
Graphics card with 256 MB of memory and a SATA 80 GB hard drive. It is
running
WinXP Pro service pack 2. It was built in October 2006 and ran flawlessly
for months.

Then I was talked into 2 more GB of Crucial Dual Channel memory and ordered
it. When it came in he said bring the box over and I will install it. Well
he was trying to install it and was pushing on it real hard but the dumb ass
had it backwards and it wouldn't go in. Then he realized what he was doing
and put it in correctly. Shortly after I took it home it it started
rebooting. We figured it was bad memory that I bought.I contacted Crucial
and they told me how to test the memory. It was bad and they sent me a
replacement.

All ran ok for months and the rebooting problem started again. He tried to
tell me it was a bad operating system and that I screwed it up being on porn
sites. That is BS and I wouldn't recommend this a-hole to anyone.

This system might run fine for weeks with no problems or it it does nothing
but reboot. I ran tests on the memory and the hard drive. Is there a way to
test the motherboard ? I am lost for a solution.

flamer die.spam@hotmail.com

On May 16, 11:46 am, "Koss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I had a friend that builds computers make me a new one. He has made several
> in the past for me with no problems. This one is a real PITA....
>
> This one is a duel core AMD Athhlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+2.60GHz
> with a Abit KN9 mother board and came with 1 GB of Crucial Dual Channel
> memory but supports up to 4 GB of memory. It has a ATI Radeon X1300
> Graphics card with 256 MB of memory and a SATA 80 GB hard drive. It is
> running
> WinXP Pro service pack 2. It was built in October 2006 and ran flawlessly
> for months.
>
> Then I was talked into 2 more GB of Crucial Dual Channel memory and ordered
> it. When it came in he said bring the box over and I will install it. Well
> he was trying to install it and was pushing on it real hard but the dumb ass
> had it backwards and it wouldn't go in. Then he realized what he was doing
> and put it in correctly. Shortly after I took it home it it started
> rebooting. We figured it was bad memory that I bought.I contacted Crucial
> and they told me how to test the memory. It was bad and they sent me a
> replacement.
>
> All ran ok for months and the rebooting problem started again. He tried to
> tell me it was a bad operating system and that I screwed it up being on porn
> sites. That is BS and I wouldn't recommend this a-hole to anyone.
>
> This system might run fine for weeks with no problems or it it does nothing
> but reboot. I ran tests on the memory and the hard drive. Is there a way to
> test the motherboard ? I am lost for a solution.

how did you test the memory? memtest86? is it one stick or two? if its
two take one out then test each separately. i would test the power
supply and the power/reset buttons on the front. check that none of
the power connectors are burnt out. if that all looks fine then check
for malware on your pc, also next time it reboots click start,run>
type 'eventvwr' hit enter and look through your logs and look for
anything that states why the system shutdown.

Flamer