Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > VAIO Recovery - Different Model

VAIO Recovery - Different Model

mehawitchi mehawitchi is offline
Junior Member

Hello there,

I'm trying to restore my Vaio VGN-AR28GP using recovry CDs for another model (Vaio VGN-AR38GP).

Basically, my Recovery CD got damaged and it will take some time to order replacement Recovery CD from Vaio Asia (Malaysia), so I have this friend who made me copies of his recovery CDs, but he has a different model. So whenever I try to recover my laptop, I get this message 'Cannot use this software for this model'

Could someone help me find a way to a work around this problem.

Appreciate your help

Last edited by mehawitchi; 05-16-2007 at 02:49 PM..