Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Anyone have a reliable source for digicam batteries ...

Anyone have a reliable source for digicam batteries ...

Speedmaster

The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.

Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
http://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/

Ed Ruf

On 15 May 2007 09:43:26 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Speedmaster
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.
>
>Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
>digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?

http:\\www.thomas-distributing.com
-
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

Speedmaster

Perfect, thanks Ed!

> http:\\www.thomas-distributing.com

bluezfolk

On May 15, 11:43 am, Speedmaster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.
>
> Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
> digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Chrishttp://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/

give www.batterybob.com a try.

myemail@myserver.com

On Tue, 15 May 2007 13:29:35 -0400, Ed Ruf <"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
<(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote:

>On 15 May 2007 09:43:26 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Speedmaster
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.
>>
>>Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
>>digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?

>http:\\www.thomas-distributing.com
>-

I bought a pack of 4 AA Mahas from them when 2000 mAh ones were the newest
high-capacity. They lasted about 50 charge cycles before they wouldn't provide a
sustained current during their charge. After about 1/4th of the charge was gone
their remaining charge came out so slow they couldn't even power a flash-unit.
It would take over a minute to charge up the capacitor.. I tried to recharge
them again just yesterday when going through a box of bad-purchases. They won't
even power a small fluorescent shelf-light anymore because the current is so
low. A wasted $25 (at the time).

I've stopped listening to lots of online advice from others that all point their
fingers to the same seller or manufacturer because of this. I've had better luck
buying "Non-net-police Approved" items. Their credibility of passing on a "good
deal" just because someone else typed it or they read it somewhere on the net,
has failed too many times in my experiences.

Guess which batteries that I bought recently are now the most consistent in
current output and holding the most charge? Sony 2700 mAh ones for $11 for a
pack of 4 that come in a nice handy carrying case. I got them from Adorama.
Screw thomas-distributing Maha batteries. The only reason they are popular is
due to their net popularity, not for their true quality. I'd never buy from them
again.

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

On Tue, 15 May 2007 18:54:58 -0500, in rec.photo.digital

>I bought a pack of 4 AA Mahas from them when 2000 mAh ones were the newest
>high-capacity.

snip

>Guess which batteries that I bought recently are now the most consistent in
>current output and holding the most charge? Sony 2700 mAh ones for $11 for a
>pack of 4 that come in a nice handy carrying case. I got them from Adorama.
>Screw thomas-distributing Maha batteries. The only reason they are popular is
>due to their net popularity, not for their true quality. I'd never buy from them
>again.

Read the OP again. No one is talking about AA NiMh batteries. Quit your
ranting, it is off topic.
--
Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))

George Kerby

On 5/15/07 12:29 PM, in article (E-Mail Removed),
wrote:

> On 15 May 2007 09:43:26 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Speedmaster
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.
>>
>> Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
>> digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?

> http:\\www.thomas-distributing.com
> -
> Ed Ruf ((E-Mail Removed))
> http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...ral/index.html

Thomas is great. One of his employees gave me some crap because she sent me
the wrong items. He overheard. When she hung up after chewing out my ass, he
got the info and called me back to personally apologize and told me to keep
the wrong stuff and shipped the right batteries to me w/o shipping charges.

The prices can't be beat afaik, either...

Mike Russell

"George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Thomas is great. One of his employees gave me some crap because she sent
> me
> the wrong items. He overheard. When she hung up after chewing out my ass,
> he
> got the info and called me back to personally apologize and told me to
> keep
> the wrong stuff and shipped the right batteries to me w/o shipping
> charges.
>
> The prices can't be beat afaik, either...

I second that recommendation good batteries and chargers at a low price .
I've bought a bunch of stuff from them www.thomasdistributing.com

BTW - Hi George - I'm still using the SunPak you sold me a few years ago.
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

Charlie Self

On May 15, 7:54�pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2007 13:29:35 -0400, Ed Ruf <"Ed Ruf *(REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote:
> >On 15 May 2007 09:43:26 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Speedmaster
> ><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >>The battery (NB-1LH) in our Canon S200 is shot.

> >>Anyone have a reliable US source they recommend for replacement
> >>digicam batteries, w/ decent prices?

> >http:\\www.thomas-distributing.com
> >-

> I bought a pack of 4 AA Mahas from them when 2000 mAh ones were the newest
> high-capacity. They lasted about 50 charge cycles before they wouldn't provide a
> sustained current during their charge. After about 1/4th of the charge was gone
> their remaining charge came out so slow they couldn't even power a flash-unit.
> It would take over a minute to charge up the capacitor.. I tried to recharge
> them again just yesterday when going through a box of bad-purchases. They won't
> even power a small fluorescent shelf-light anymore because the current is so
> low. A wasted $25 (at the time).
>
> I've stopped listening to lots of online advice from others that all point their
> fingers to the same seller or manufacturer because of this. I've had better luck
> buying "Non-net-police Approved" items. Their credibility of passing on a "good
> deal" just because someone else typed it or they read it somewhere on the net,
> has failed too many times in my experiences.
>
> Guess which batteries that I bought recently are now the most consistent in
> current output and holding the most charge? Sony 2700 mAh ones for $11 for a
> pack of 4 that come in a nice handy carrying case. I got them from Adorama.
> Screw thomas-distributing Maha batteries. The only reason they are popular is
> due to their net popularity, not for their true quality. I'd never buy from them
> again.

And there was absolutely nothing wrong with your treatment of them, of
course, and you contacted Thomas and they told you where to head in,
so you... Uh, yeah.

All I use are NiMH, or, rather, AAs, so I buy from Thomas only
occasionally, but I've had good results there.

George Kerby

On 5/16/07 4:42 PM, in article
9VK2i.2910$(E-Mail Removed), "Mike Russell"
<(E-Mail Removed)-MOVE> wrote:

> "George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Thomas is great. One of his employees gave me some crap because she sent
>> me
>> the wrong items. He overheard. When she hung up after chewing out my ass,
>> he
>> got the info and called me back to personally apologize and told me to
>> keep
>> the wrong stuff and shipped the right batteries to me w/o shipping
>> charges.
>>
>> The prices can't be beat afaik, either...

> I second that recommendation good batteries and chargers at a low price .
> I've bought a bunch of stuff from them www.thomasdistributing.com
>
> BTW - Hi George - I'm still using the SunPak you sold me a few years ago.

The 511 "Potato Masher"? Glad you like it!