Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > WebService w/o .ASMX file (ASP.net 2.0)

WebService w/o .ASMX file (ASP.net 2.0)

Jay Douglas

Is there any way to have a webservice w/o using the .asmx file?

I have a class library that has various web service classes. I would like
to have the capability of deploying these web services w/o the .asmx files.
Is there something I can put in the web.config? I tried playing around with
the HttpHandlers, reading on the net, etc. I'm unable to find a solution
and the task seems plausible.

Any suggestions or advise?

Thanks in advance!

Jay

http://www.jaydouglas.com

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Yes, you can create a DLL that can be hit as a web service. You end up
writing a lot of infrastructure to handle this, but it can be done. Afer you
are finished, you will be responsible for publishing your own WSDL to
describe the contract. If this sounds like fun, you can tackle it.
Personally, I would consider another method.

Best other method is to bite the bullet and move up to WCF.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!