Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > extending a wireless

extending a wireless

Stuart Turrell

I have a wireless network in my house setup with my dlink revision c 624.

I have an external aerial taking the signal also to my farm 250meters away
then an aerial picks up the signal there and goes directly into my pc.

What i want to do is to have a wireless network with my pc too so i can
connect my laptop up to the internet too.

I have a dlink revision b 624 router and a dlink ap2000+ at my disposal. Can
i use these to have a wireless network in my house, then feed a signal to my
farm that will take it to another wireless network area???

Many thanks

Stuart

Orph

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, only Questions, hopefully someone
will help us both.
I want to set up a setup the same as you do, a wireless network in my home,
transmitting to another wireless network 200 metres away, what hardware
does this require, and I am particularly interested in the mention of
external aerials

Please help the both of us, I for one would be very grateful

"Stuart Turrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a wireless network in my house setup with my dlink revision c 624.
>
> I have an external aerial taking the signal also to my farm 250meters away
> then an aerial picks up the signal there and goes directly into my pc.
>
> What i want to do is to have a wireless network with my pc too so i can
> connect my laptop up to the internet too.
>
> I have a dlink revision b 624 router and a dlink ap2000+ at my disposal.
> Can i use these to have a wireless network in my house, then feed a signal
> to my farm that will take it to another wireless network area???
>
> Many thanks
>
> Stuart

Orph

Me again
been looking around, is this what we could do with perhaps?
http://www.cantenna.com/howtouseit.html

"Stuart Turrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a wireless network in my house setup with my dlink revision c 624.
>
> I have an external aerial taking the signal also to my farm 250meters away
> then an aerial picks up the signal there and goes directly into my pc.
>
> What i want to do is to have a wireless network with my pc too so i can
> connect my laptop up to the internet too.
>
> I have a dlink revision b 624 router and a dlink ap2000+ at my disposal.
> Can i use these to have a wireless network in my house, then feed a signal
> to my farm that will take it to another wireless network area???
>
> Many thanks
>
> Stuart

=?Utf-8?B?R2NvcnB1eg==?=

Hi guys, did you buy the Dlink 624 yet?

If yes, then you can extend the signal thru an extender DWL-G800AP and from
there, the signal from your house will be amplified back to your farm.

You might wanna consider buying a yaggi antenna or simply an external
omnidirectional antenna.

"Orph" wrote:

> Me again
> been looking around, is this what we could do with perhaps?
> http://www.cantenna.com/howtouseit.html
>
> "Stuart Turrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a wireless network in my house setup with my dlink revision c 624.
> >
> > I have an external aerial taking the signal also to my farm 250meters away
> > then an aerial picks up the signal there and goes directly into my pc.
> >
> > What i want to do is to have a wireless network with my pc too so i can
> > connect my laptop up to the internet too.
> >
> > I have a dlink revision b 624 router and a dlink ap2000+ at my disposal.
> > Can i use these to have a wireless network in my house, then feed a signal
> > to my farm that will take it to another wireless network area???
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Stuart

Jack

Hi
I think that the Access Point can be configured as a stand alone client so
it can be plugged into a switch in the second location and be bridged to
with the Wireless Router. You should try it first in the same room.

Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html

If it works the issue is set it for 200 meters.

No guarantee but with two Cantennae set with a free line of site it might
work.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Stuart Turrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a wireless network in my house setup with my dlink revision c 624.
>
> I have an external aerial taking the signal also to my farm 250meters away
> then an aerial picks up the signal there and goes directly into my pc.
>
> What i want to do is to have a wireless network with my pc too so i can
> connect my laptop up to the internet too.
>
> I have a dlink revision b 624 router and a dlink ap2000+ at my disposal.

Can
> i use these to have a wireless network in my house, then feed a signal to

my
> farm that will take it to another wireless network area???
>
> Many thanks
>
> Stuart

Orph

I am really pretty green on this subject, I need to know what hardware is
required, I know I need a wireless router on the home network, but what do
I need at the remote end, to give me a network there too, can it be as
simple as using two wireless routers?
Again, my thanks for any help, make it as simple as possible please

"Gcorpuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi guys, did you buy the Dlink 624 yet?
>
> If yes, then you can extend the signal thru an extender DWL-G800AP and
> from
> there, the signal from your house will be amplified back to your farm.
>
> You might wanna consider buying a yaggi antenna or simply an external
> omnidirectional antenna.
>

> "Orph" wrote:
>
>> Me again
>> been looking around, is this what we could do with perhaps?
>> http://www.cantenna.com/howtouseit.html
>>
>> "Stuart Turrell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have a wireless network in my house setup with my dlink revision c
>> >624.
>> >
>> > I have an external aerial taking the signal also to my farm 250meters
>> > away
>> > then an aerial picks up the signal there and goes directly into my pc.
>> >
>> > What i want to do is to have a wireless network with my pc too so i can
>> > connect my laptop up to the internet too.
>> >
>> > I have a dlink revision b 624 router and a dlink ap2000+ at my
>> > disposal.
>> > Can i use these to have a wireless network in my house, then feed a
>> > signal
>> > to my farm that will take it to another wireless network area???
>> >
>> > Many thanks
>> >
>> > Stuart

Orph

Many thanks for that Jack, those links you included are very useful, told
me a lot more than I already knew, I will study them, then start buying,
and setting up the network, it was the "Bridge" that I never knew existed
Once again, many thanks

news:uos$(E-Mail Removed)...