Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need Driver

Need Driver

Trying

My device Manager says I have a problem with my SCSI/RAID Host
Controller. Its a Texas Instruments PCI-1510.
I think it controls my DVD/CDRW drive.

The message says "Windows can't load the device driver for this
hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39"

Can you suggest a way to fix this? Where would you look for such a
driver?

I'm using an IBM Touchpad R40. Windows XP Pro

Any help will be appreciated.

BILL

Laptop Pole Dancer

"Trying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My device Manager says I have a problem with my SCSI/RAID Host
> Controller. Its a Texas Instruments PCI-1510.
> I think it controls my DVD/CDRW drive.

Your DVD/CDRW is EIDE.

http://www.driverguide.com/

> I'm using an IBM Touchpad R40. Windows XP Pro
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> BILL

whosbest54

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

>My device Manager says I have a problem with my SCSI/RAID Host
>Controller. Its a Texas Instruments PCI-1510.
>I think it controls my DVD/CDRW drive.
>
>The message says "Windows can't load the device driver for this
>hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39"
>
>Can you suggest a way to fix this? Where would you look for such a
>driver?
>
>I'm using an IBM Touchpad R40. Windows XP Pro

For Thinkpad hardware you have to get drivers from IBM. I didn't find a
specific driver at their site for this.

<http://www-1.ibm.com/support/dlsearc...=en_US&r=10&cs
=utf-8&rankfile=0&cc=us&spc=&stc=&apar=include&q1=Think pad+R40&q2=&dc=D43
0&atrn=SWPlatform&atrv=Windows+XP&atrn1=SWVersion& atrv1=all&tc=HWM79&Go.x
=12&Go.y=8>

If this is an external USB or firewire drive you added, then use the
install disk that came with it and forget about IBM drivers.

Try removing the device from device manager, reboot and see if it
redetects it and loads the correct driver. You can also try to update
the driver manually, searching any install disks for external devices or
a special recovery partition if it's IBM internal hardware.

whosbest54

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/rmb.html