Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Form POST problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Form POST problem

 
 
Man-wai Chang
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2007

http://www.zshare.net/image/problem-png.html

I want to make the text on the left 2 columns clickable. When it's
clicked, the form will be POSTed and the code in the leftmost column
will be submitted as $_REQUEST['item_selected'].

How could I do that?

--
iTech Consulting Services Limited
Expert in ePOS (Point-Of-Sales) solutions
Website: http://www.itech.com.hk (IE only)
Tel: (852)2325 3883 Fax: (852)2325 8288
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2007
Man-wai Chang wrote:

> How could I do that?


By reviewing answers to your multi-post in the other newsgroup.

http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost

--
-bts
-Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Hosking
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2007
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Man-wai Chang wrote:
>
>> How could I do that?

>
> By reviewing answers to your multi-post in the other newsgroup.


For once I am actually hoping to *find* the multipost. I see the OP got
berated (and multi-plonked) over in c.i.w.a.h, but nowhere do I see a
pointer to the actual useful answers (if any) he received. *Which* other
newsgroup?

--
John
 
Reply With Quote
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2007
John Hosking wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> By reviewing answers to your multi-post in the other newsgroup.

>
> For once I am actually hoping to *find* the multipost. I see the OP
> got berated (and multi-plonked) over in c.i.w.a.h, but nowhere do I
> see a pointer to the actual useful answers (if any) he received.
> *Which* other newsgroup?


That would be the other newsgroup. Jim Moe gave a reasonable answer. The
OP probably would have gotten a few answers if s/he had posted a link to
the site instead of attaching an image of a page.

--
-bts
-Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Hosking
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-16-2007
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> John Hosking wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>> By reviewing answers to your multi-post in the other newsgroup.

>> For once I am actually hoping to *find* the multipost. I see the OP
>> got berated (and multi-plonked) over in c.i.w.a.h, but nowhere do I
>> see a pointer to the actual useful answers (if any) he received.
>> *Which* other newsgroup?

>
> That would be the other newsgroup. Jim Moe gave a reasonable answer. The
> OP probably would have gotten a few answers if s/he had posted a link to
> the site instead of attaching an image of a page.


Ah. Well it was confusing to me, since nobody was naming (NG) names,
just saying, "That's wrong, boy." As I chased around trying to find
"missing" posts I felt like Cool Hand Luke digging a hole for one Boss
over here, then moving the dirt for the other Boss back into the hole, etc.

Jim Moe posted some 20 minutes before I did, and I hadn't seen his post.

Here's the timeline I see (my local newsreader-reported time, almost all
on Tue, 15 May 2007):

*???* OP (Man-wai Chang) posts in c.i.w.a.h with binary attachment. I,
like many others, never see his post, as my server doesn't carry it.

*07:52* Jukka posts a reply in c.i.w.a.h saying URLs, not binaries.

*08:53* OP reposts in c.i.w.a.h with URL instead of binary, following
Jukka's advice.

*08:53* OP (Man-wai Chang) multi-posts in alt.html duplicate of his post
in c.i.w.a.h.

*11:12* Jukka plonks OP in c.i.w.a.h for multiposting "_after_ he [OP]
had been informed about the issue." Here I presumed "the issue" was
binaries-rather-than-text, but now I have to guess Jukka thought OP had
been advised about multiposting some time in the past.

*11:47* OP wonders, "Someone said I should not attach images. So I
re-posted the question using a URL to the image instead. What's wrong?"
I join him in wondering (only later do I see the dup post in a.html).

*14:35* BTS posts in a.html pointing to answers in other NG [c.i.w.a.h]

*19:31* Jim Moe posts in c.i.w.a.h with the first (and only) actual answer.

*03:38* (next day, 16. May) OP thanks Jim Moe in c.i.w.a.h.

I hope the OP has learned something from this. Speaking for myself, if I
ever see Man-wai Chang multi-posting I will jump on him for all that I
am worth. In the end, I see that Jim Moe's solution won't help me
right now, so I guess I'll just go get some sleep...

--
John
 
Reply With Quote
 
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-16-2007
John Hosking wrote:

> Ah. Well it was confusing to me, since nobody was naming (NG) names,
> just saying, "That's wrong, boy." As I chased around trying to find
> "missing" posts I felt like Cool Hand Luke digging a hole for one
> Boss over here, then moving the dirt for the other Boss back into the
> hole, etc.


You have too much time on your hands...

--
-bts
-Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan N. Little
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-16-2007
John Hosking wrote:

> Ah. Well it was confusing to me, since nobody was naming (NG) names,
> just saying, "That's wrong, boy." As I chased around trying to find
> "missing" posts I felt like Cool Hand Luke digging a hole for one Boss
> over here, then moving the dirt for the other Boss back into the hole, etc.
>
> Jim Moe posted some 20 minutes before I did, and I hadn't seen his post.


<snip timeline>

John that is just a small fraction of the posts OP has done on
comp.lang.php at times it seems like one ever 5 minutes on stuff that is
easily found by RTFM. And seems to be trying to do the "professionally"
with such a skill set! So has ruffled some feathers in that NG, some
poster here are in common.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple Form Post Using Javascript - Empty Post from FF Adam Javascript 8 11-24-2005 12:03 PM
Post Form with Variable of the form itself TNG HTML 2 03-03-2005 05:34 PM
Post post post. Shel-hed Computer Support 2 11-08-2003 07:41 AM
Can post form data in IIS, but doesnt post it via webserver J. Muenchbourg Javascript 0 08-06-2003 05:23 PM
ASP, FORMS, POST METHOD And Post with out form(???) Don Glover the younger ASP General 0 07-13-2003 02:47 AM



Advertisments