Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Please help; Problem with connection after sleep mode

Please help; Problem with connection after sleep mode

=?Utf-8?B?Rmx5ZXJmYW4yNw==?=

Hello,

I use a Net Gear WGT634U 108 Mbps Router to connect my Notebook computer to
the internet and to my Desktop computer. My Notebook PC is a Gateway MX8734
and has an internal Intel® PRO/100VE Network adapter. The Desktop is hard
wired to the Router. Both Computers are running Vista Home Premium Operating
Systems. I recently tried to enable the WPA and then the WEP security to this
Router. I am not knowledgeable about this stuff, but I was successful in
enabling the security using both the WEP or the WPA security. I do however
run into a problem that I do not have when these securities are not enabled.

When I boot up my Notebook from the off mode my Notebook connects to the
Router automatically and works properly. Whenever my Notebook goes into a
power saving mode and I wake it up to work on it again my connection does not
work. When I bring up the “Connect to a network” window the message next to
my Network name says: “Connected with limited access”, but I cannot access
anything. When everything is working properly the message simply says:
“Connected”. To get everything working again I have to disconnect the
Notebook connection and reconnect it again. After I do this everything works
again until the next time my Notebook goes into any power saving mode. I
first tried using the WPA security and now I am trying the WEP security and I
have the same problem with both. I do have the boxes checked to remember the
pass code and to connect automatically. I also use the Wireless Access List
for security.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I would like to keep my
connection secure as possible, but this is a little annoying to have to deal
with every time I go back on my Notebook computer because I am off and on it
al day and night. Any help and suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you, James

MSNews

Use the "High performance" power plan. This post may help,

Vista: Wireless connectivity issuePost Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:26 am Post
subject: Vista: Wireless connectivity issue ... The wireless lose the
connection after sleep mode. ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...4ea6f1daa7925f

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE