Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook 2003 address book filename?

Outlook 2003 address book filename?

Eye In The Sky

I want to copy my Outlook contacts/addresses to another computer and can't
identify the file.

In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
Outlook?

old man

*.pst
Its the file(s) that contain *all* your OL data
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

"Eye In The Sky" <ruleman@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I want to copy my Outlook contacts/addresses to another computer and can't
> identify the file.
>
> In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
> Outlook?

Eye In The Sky

"old man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Gn52i.12284$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Eye In The Sky" <ruleman@> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> I want to copy my Outlook contacts/addresses to another computer and
>> can't
>> identify the file.
>>
>> In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
>> Outlook?
>>

> *.pst
> Its the file(s) that contain *all* your OL data
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

Thanks!

Mike Easter

Eye In The Sky wrote:
> I want to copy my Outlook contacts/addresses to another computer and
> can't identify the file.

Are you planning on importing the contacts into OE or another OL?

> In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
> Outlook?

You should handle your OL contacts by exporting a .pst file or a .pab
file.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...053931033.aspx Move
contacts to another computer

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...920381033.aspx Copy
Outlook contacts to the Outlook Express address book

If you are going to import it into OE, you would import the .pab as
'other address book' and the Personal Address Book will be an option.

--
Mike Easter

sittingduck

Eye In The Sky wrote:

> I want to copy my Outlook contacts/addresses to another computer and can't
> identify the file.
>
> In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
> Outlook?

outlook.pst They are in there, among many other things.
You can export them to a file from Outlook, this would be simpler.
Then, Import from that file with the other computer.

ChairMan

In news:Xns9930A6ED5E9BBduckrulestheuniverse@invalid. quakefour.net,
sittingduck <(E-Mail Removed)>spewed forth:
> Eye In The Sky wrote:
>
>> I want to copy my Outlook contacts/addresses to another computer and
>> can't identify the file.
>>
>> In Outlook Express, the filename is address.wab -- but what is it in
>> Outlook?

> outlook.pst They are in there, among many other things.
> You can export them to a file from Outlook, this would be simpler.
> Then, Import from that file with the other computer.

Do you have a hall pass for being outta "school"<g>

sittingduck

ChairMan wrote:

> Do you have a hall pass for being outta "school"<g>

Ha!

I noticed your HD post in here a few days ago. Never got around to mentioning
it though.

ducky

ChairMan

In news:Xns9930BB93DCA30duckrulestheuniverse@invalid. quakefour.net,
sittingduck <(E-Mail Removed)>spewed forth:
> ChairMan wrote:
>
>> Do you have a hall pass for being outta "school"<g>

> Ha!
>
> I noticed your HD post in here a few days ago. Never got around to
> mentioning it though.
>
> ducky

figured I'd cover all my bases.<g>
I did get it solved though, from some of the things I've learned in "school"
over the years.
posted the eventual fix there. weird cause, twas a power setting. go figure