Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > SQL Server 2005 Effect on MSCE/MCDBA?

SQL Server 2005 Effect on MSCE/MCDBA?

Brian Alley

I was just curious if anyone out there had heard if/when SQL server 2005
would be added to the list of exams in working towards an MCSE/MCDBA.

Also, if you've heard of any timeline as to when SQL Server 2000 will be
pulled off the list that'd be great as well!

Thanks mucho....

>Also, if you've heard of any timeline as to when SQL Server 2000 will be
>pulled off the list

one day..........

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Brian Alley

Thanks for the insightful response - any specifics?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Also, if you've heard of any timeline as to when SQL Server 2000 will be
> >pulled off the list

> one day..........
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

molsonexpert

"Brian Alley" <balleyATctsinet.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the insightful response - any specifics?
>
> "The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >Also, if you've heard of any timeline as to when SQL Server 2000 will

be
> > >pulled off the list

> > one day..........
> >
> > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

MS will give a year's notice when exams will be retired. Since the SQL 7
exams were just retired recently, you've got a long way to go. My feeling is
your safe for at least three more years.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...us/retired.asp

http://tinyurl.com/2rfpk

steve.

>Thanks for the insightful response - any specifics?

er, no. Considering the product has yet to be released to joe public
it's hardly surprising is it?

I would expect any exams to go into beta two to three months after
products release and a further two the three months being going live.

As far as sql 2000 being retired, well it won't be for at least two
years after the release of 2005.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

RH

Yeah...worry about something over which you have control.
Yukon (SQL2k5) isn't even CLOSE to being RTM'd yet! I
don't think M$ is going to retire an exam on a "current
product" so you're probably pretty safe for about 2 more
years on the SQL2k exams!!!