Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > music too loud, dialogue too quiet

music too loud, dialogue too quiet

jhag

Does anybody know if there is an answer to the problem of the music being
3-4 times louder than the dialogue in most videos? It's so aggrevating. I
can't imagine it being a problem with a TV or a DVD player. Isn't the
problem with the way it's recorded?

If anybody has some helpful information on how to "fix" this problem I'm all
ears.
JH

Richard C.

"jhag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Does anybody know if there is an answer to the problem of the music being
> 3-4 times louder than the dialogue in most videos? It's so aggrevating.
> I can't imagine it being a problem with a TV or a DVD player. Isn't the
> problem with the way it's recorded?
>
> If anybody has some helpful information on how to "fix" this problem I'm
> all ears.
> JH

====================
This is not a problem with the DVD nor the movie;
it is a problem with not reading manuals.
Set your DVD player and your DVD play menu to play 2.0

(I am assuming that you do not have a surround system)

Dave Allison

Richard C. wrote:
> "jhag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Does anybody know if there is an answer to the problem of the music
>> being 3-4 times louder than the dialogue in most videos? It's so
>> aggrevating. I can't imagine it being a problem with a TV or a DVD
>> player. Isn't the problem with the way it's recorded?
>>
>> If anybody has some helpful information on how to "fix" this problem
>> I'm all ears.
>> JH

> ====================
> This is not a problem with the DVD nor the movie;
> it is a problem with not reading manuals.
> Set your DVD player and your DVD play menu to play 2.0
>
> (I am assuming that you do not have a surround system)

AH! That worked! Man! I need to start reading more. I was also having
this irritation, but assumed it was some Hollywood thing.

wow. I promise to read manuals from now on.
DAve

Too quiet anymore. Drew Windows 64bit 7 05-01-2012 04:53 PM
What DVD player isn't TOO QUIET? Walter Traprock DVD Video 4 02-06-2006 07:19 AM
Too quiet tonight Annette Kurten Computer Support 1 01-17-2005 02:07 AM
Saving website music / identify music berksposter Computer Support 6 10-19-2004 03:29 AM
Button to launch "Open File" Dialogue Mr Gordonz ASP .Net 5 08-21-2003 11:47 AM

Advertisments