Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Failed 70-291 2X

Failed 70-291 2X

catwalker63

Montreal MCT piffled away vaguely:

> WARNING: The preceeding comment was a reply to Montreal MCT and in no way
> reflects the attitude, thought, belief, of mindset of Montreal MCT.

> "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Lina I have a question for you... Catwalker posted that I was right, that
>>> she agreed with me, and that you should listen to me... and yet you
>>> marked her post as the one that answered your question. Is there
>>> anything I did wrong? Do you not like my cologne? Not that it
>>> particularly matters to me, but you have me curious!

>> Clearly Lina is a lesbian. Either that, or Lina is a guy's name.

How can you figure out how is replying to whom with all this silly
top-posting going on.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43

Montreal MCT

Because I am tho thmart

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Montreal MCT piffled away vaguely:
>
>> WARNING: The preceeding comment was a reply to Montreal MCT and in no way
>> reflects the attitude, thought, belief, of mindset of Montreal MCT.

>> "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Clearly Lina is a lesbian. Either that, or Lina is a guy's name.
>>>

> How can you figure out how is replying to whom with all this silly
> top-posting going on.
> --
>
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

Thor

WARNING: The preceeding comment was a reply from Montreal MCT and in no
way reflects the attitude, thought, belief, of mindset of Thor.

If you are uncertain about this in the future, look out for the "larger
than"-sign preceeding each line, for those that never has used news goups or
email: the "larger than"-charcter implies that the text following it is a
copy of the post or mail the text should be read as reply to. This is an
effective way to give messages context without having the reader to read all
the posts or mails in the communication-"thread"
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threaded_discussion). If you read this and I
you think I us am wasting your our time, you are most likely right, this is
an unneccessary post, because if you don't understand the basics of the
things here discussed, you can't hold your focus long enough to read this
long.

I really want to be MCT, but havn't gotten around to it yet, things keeps
popping up.

53

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> WARNING: The preceeding comment was a reply to Montreal MCT and in no way
> reflects the attitude, thought, belief, of mindset of Montreal MCT.

> "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Lina I have a question for you... Catwalker posted that I was right,
>>> that she agreed with me, and that you should listen to me... and yet you
>>> marked her post as the one that answered your question. Is there
>>> anything I did wrong? Do you not like my cologne? Not that it
>>> particularly matters to me, but you have me curious!

>> Clearly Lina is a lesbian. Either that, or Lina is a guy's name.

mn12

I found this PDF which helped me on the WSUS questions.
http://www.syngress.com/book_catalog...SUS/sample.pdf

Also if you are using the MS books look for the "Exam Tip" boxes which
some will tell you that you need to know this for a simulation question.

The second edition MS books are very important if you plan on taking
the 70-291 test.
Studing the First Edition MS book it does not have some material
covered on the current exam.
Two sections "Implement, Manage, and Maintain Name Resolution" (2.0)
and "Implement, Manage, and Maintain Network Security" (3.0).
Thoes are the two sections that caused me to fail the first time using
the 1st edition book.

MN12

--
mn12

mn12

The MS book for the 70-293 does not cover enough of the "Planning,
Implementing, and Maintaining Server Availability" for the exam. I
found another pdf with expanded info on the NLB and cluster servers.

http://www.syngress.com/book_catalog...2k3/sample.pdf

MN12

--
mn12

=?Utf-8?B?RnVsY2FuZWxsaQ==?=

I failed 70-291 at least three times - it was a total pig of an exam.

I felt very disillusioned the third time - I failed due to a question about
ISA Server, which wasn't even on the syllabus!

I plodded on, and tackled some different exams, and made it in the end.

Ultimately, it's just a case of jumping through a hoop...

"Lina" wrote:

> I just retook 70-291 on friday and failed again (67. I honestly do not know
> what the heck happened. I breezed through 70-270, 70-290, and 70-294. Does
> anybody know if Microsoft allows exam reviews? It blows me away because my
> job emcompasses that exam and I have setup the network from a to z. I know
> WSUS without opening a book to learn it because I implemented it without
> knowing a thing (except for using the Microsoft technical documents). I am
> totally discouraged into retaking it a 3rd time. Any advise? Yes, I do use a
> test lab and have my own network to look at for reference. Why so much WSUS
> questions?

catwalker63

Fulcanelli piffled away vaguely:

> I felt very disillusioned the third time - I failed due to a question about
> ISA Server, which wasn't even on the syllabus!

What syllabus? Do you mean the skills being examined? 'Cause there's
no syllabus. This isn't a educational class, it's a cert for skills
you should already have some experience with.

> Ultimately, it's just a case of jumping through a hoop...

There are hoops in the exams now? I don't remember that being part of
the objectives. Hoops freak me out.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

Red Swingline Stapler

catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> There are hoops in the exams now? I don't remember that being part of
> the objectives. Hoops freak me out.

Yes, more things have changed at MS than just the titles with the
introduction of the new softwares. Instead of the test centers the exams
now take place in the 3rd ring of a travelling circus. There are flaming
hoops that you must be able to fly thru after a monkey releases your ankles
while swinging from a 30' high trapeze.I'll tell you what - I'm deathly
afreaid of the "Human Cannonball" section!

catwalker63

Red Swingline Stapler piffled away vaguely:

> catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> There are hoops in the exams now? I don't remember that being part of
>> the objectives. Hoops freak me out.

> Yes, more things have changed at MS than just the titles with the
> introduction of the new softwares. Instead of the test centers the exams
> now take place in the 3rd ring of a travelling circus. There are flaming
> hoops that you must be able to fly thru after a monkey releases your ankles
> while swinging from a 30' high trapeze.I'll tell you what - I'm deathly
> afreaid of the "Human Cannonball" section!

Well now that depends. Can we use actual users as ammo during the
exam?
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

Montreal MCT

"Fulcanelli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I failed due to a question about ISA Server, which wasn't even on the
> syllabus!

No you didn't. Let's be honest, if you think you failed because of one
question then your qualifications was borderline at best, which in many
peoples' opinions means you should go back and hit the books again!

Know your stuff... don't just know the exam.