Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE/MCSA book recommendation?

Reply
Thread Tools

MCSE/MCSA book recommendation?

 
 
Andy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-08-2004
I would like to study for the MCSE exams. However I notice that there is
also an MCSA qualification as well. What is this? What is the difference?

Can anybody recommend some good books to study from?

Thanks
Andy


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-08-2004
> However I notice that there is
>also an MCSA qualification as well.


you are clearly a genius. Forget about ms certs and apply straight to
mensa.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-08-2004
In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
Sphere climbed on a soapbox & opined:

>> However I notice that there is
>>also an MCSA qualification as well.

>
> you are clearly a genius. Forget about ms certs and apply straight to
> mensa.


*SON OF A Bi...!!!!*

That soda burned out my nose lining! Warn a person before you do that!

JaR
Dripping Thug

Oh, and *Vote for ME*
 
Reply With Quote
 
RH
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-08-2004
Call Bill Gates at M$...he will be more than happy to
answer your simple, mundane, stupid question that can be
answered on the MS Website. OR....GOOGLE!!!!
>-----Original Message-----
>I would like to study for the MCSE exams. However I

notice that there is
>also an MCSA qualification as well. What is this? What

is the difference?
>
>Can anybody recommend some good books to study from?
>
>Thanks
>Andy
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-08-2004
>Call Bill Gates at M$...he will be more than happy to
>answer your simple, mundane, stupid question that can be
>answered on the MS Website


you forgot to include the link.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
 
Reply With Quote
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2004

>-----Original Message-----
>I would like to study for the MCSE exams. However I

notice that there is
>also an MCSA qualification as well. What is this? What

is the difference?
>
>Can anybody recommend some good books to study from?
>
>Thanks
>Andy



Yes check out the Microsoft Official Course books or the
Microsoft Self Paced Training Kit books. Ive been through
the MCSE 2003 course and we used both. And they give alot
of good info, as far as how this works and what this does.
But as far as exams prep go to Measure Up, Test King, Troy
Tech, if Microsoft has let them bring thier site back
online. Transdumper.
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Laura A. Robinson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2004
circa Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:02:20 -0700, in
microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
((E-Mail Removed)) said,
> Troy
> Tech, if Microsoft has let them bring thier site back
>
>

Why would you want TroyTech to be permitted to bring their braindumps
back, exactly?

Laura
--
Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
-Oscar Wilde
 
Reply With Quote
 
Modgeek
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2004

>-----Original Message-----
>> However I notice that there is
>>also an MCSA qualification as well.

>
>you are clearly a genius. Forget about ms certs and apply

straight to
>mensa.
>
>Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
>.
>


Why forget MS Certs? Passing exams is all about how you
study for them. The books and training kits give you the
knowledge but you have to know what to study for. The Ms
Cert exams are all about what would you do here and how
would you do this. There not like "What are the types of
updates are available in a Windows Server 2003 Primary DNS
zone, not configured as a Active Directory Integrated
Zone?" There more like, "What would be the best solution
to minimize name resolution traffic on a LAN without
effecting zone transfer traffic?" And of course the answer
to that is to install a Caching only DNS server.
 
Reply With Quote
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2004
In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Modgeek climbed on a soapbox & opined:

> Why forget MS Certs? Passing exams is all about how you
> study for them. The books and training kits give you the
> knowledge but you have to know what to study for. The Ms
> Cert exams are all about what would you do here and how
> would you do this. There not like "What are the types of
> updates are available in a Windows Server 2003 Primary DNS
> zone, not configured as a Active Directory Integrated
> Zone?" There more like, "What would be the best solution
> to minimize name resolution traffic on a LAN without
> effecting zone transfer traffic?" And of course the answer
> to that is to install a Caching only DNS server.
>


Rowdy! Translation needed here. Oh, and bring the MCNGP pliers while you're
at it. Neil just bought a new pair.

JaR
Vote for ME!
 
Reply With Quote
 
TechGeekPro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-09-2004
On Sep 9, 2004 at 4:02pm "" blathered:

> Yes check out the Microsoft Official Course books or the
> Microsoft Self Paced Training Kit books. Ive been through
> the MCSE 2003 course and we used both. And they give alot
> of good info, as far as how this works and what this does.
> But as far as exams prep go to Measure Up, Test King, Troy
> Tech, if Microsoft has let them bring thier site back
> online. Transdumper.


And braindumps.mcngp.com or cheatsheets.mcngp.com.

--
TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
MCNGP.com - We're here to help!
I'm TechGeekPro, and I approved this post.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Book report (it took me 16 years to read the book ) Mara Computer Support 4 04-11-2008 03:35 PM
Re: Book report (it took me 16 years to read the book ) VanguardLH Computer Support 0 04-10-2008 03:13 PM
Does anyone got the e-book for the book MCTS Training Kit (70-528) =?Utf-8?B?WWlu?= MCSD 0 11-18-2006 03:30 AM
"Java Performance Tuning Book" anyone read this book? coltrane Java 2 09-27-2006 01:13 PM
awt book+java animation book Thanasis \(sch\) Java 1 10-14-2004 03:02 PM



Advertisments