Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox & Dallas Morning News site

Firefox & Dallas Morning News site

Ryetronics

I have found a link that works fine in IE7 but does not work in
Firefox. Link is below...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/...l&SECTION=HOME

In my firefox, it comes out as just text, with the margins awry.
Anyone know why this link is giving FF trouble?

Leonidas Jones

Ryetronics wrote:
> I have found a link that works fine in IE7 but does not work in
> Firefox. Link is below...
>
> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/...l&SECTION=HOME
>
> In my firefox, it comes out as just text, with the margins awry.
> Anyone know why this link is giving FF trouble?

Looks just fine here. View>>Page Style, is Basic Page Style selected?

Lee

History Fan

"Ryetronics" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have found a link that works fine in IE7 but does not work in
> Firefox. Link is below...
>
> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/...l&SECTION=HOME
>
> In my firefox, it comes out as just text, with the margins awry.
> Anyone know why this link is giving FF trouble?

That website looks screwed up on my computer as well, using FF
2.0.0.3. With IE 7 everything is spaced properly. Some websites just don't
display correctly with Firefox, and a few don't load at all. However, those
numbers are constantly getting smaller. But until then, that is why
extensions like IE Tab are so useful. Only other suggestion I can make it
to decrease your Firefox font settings. Tools, Options, Content, Fonts &
Colors.

History Fan

"Ryetronics" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have found a link that works fine in IE7 but does not work in
> Firefox. Link is below...
>
> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/...l&SECTION=HOME
>
> In my firefox, it comes out as just text, with the margins awry.
> Anyone know why this link is giving FF trouble?

Interestingly, that website loads fine with Opera 9.20.

lkboop

Ryetronics wrote:
> I have found a link that works fine in IE7 but does not work in
> Firefox. Link is below...
>
> http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/...l&SECTION=HOME
>
> In my firefox, it comes out as just text, with the margins awry.
> Anyone know why this link is giving FF trouble?

I'm running FF 2.0.0.3 and the Dallas paper looks just fine. By the way
the only website I ever had any problems with running FF is music
download at WalMart. But they need to hire people that speak English and
have a clue as to what they are doing.