Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Recording CDs

Recording CDs

Douglas

I am trying to record CDs so I can play them in my car. I have copies a
voice file from the web using Audacity and exported it as a wav file to my
hard drive. I use Nero Express 6.0 to make a CD. When I select Audio CD
and try to record it, I get this message: "One or more files could not be
added to a compilation. The file may be corrupt." Does anyone know what
this mean? Do I need to reconfigure my Audacity program and/or Nero. Is
this voice file a data file or audio file. Appreciate the help.

Douglas

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Douglas wrote:
> I am trying to record CDs so I can play them in my car. I have copies a
> voice file from the web using Audacity and exported it as a wav file to my
> hard drive. I use Nero Express 6.0 to make a CD. When I select Audio CD
> and try to record it, I get this message: "One or more files could not be
> added to a compilation. The file may be corrupt." Does anyone know what
> this mean? Do I need to reconfigure my Audacity program and/or Nero. Is
> this voice file a data file or audio file. Appreciate the help.

My guess is it means the file is corrupt. You may download it again and
it'll work, or you may be able to output the file again and get a better
copy. And if it's a file on your computer, it's a data file, even if
that data makes music.

dadiOH

Douglas wrote:
> I am trying to record CDs so I can play them in my car. I have
> copies a voice file from the web using Audacity and exported it as
> a wav file to my hard drive. I use Nero Express 6.0 to make a CD.
> When I select Audio CD and try to record it, I get this message:
> "One or more files could not be added to a compilation. The file
> may be corrupt." Does anyone know what this mean? Do I need to
> reconfigure my Audacity program and/or Nero.

You need to check the characteristics of the wave files. They need to
have been sampled at 44,100Hz, 16 bit stereo. If they ARE that, I can
only suggest downloading again. If they are NOT that, you can make
them so via Audacity.
_______________

> Is this voice file a data file or audio file.

Well, while on your computer, they are data; however, you need to
have Nero make an audio CD so that they will be written in a manner
useable by your CD player.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

ProfGene

Douglas wrote:
> I am trying to record CDs so I can play them in my car. I have copies a
> voice file from the web using Audacity and exported it as a wav file to my
> hard drive. I use Nero Express 6.0 to make a CD. When I select Audio CD
> and try to record it, I get this message: "One or more files could not be
> added to a compilation. The file may be corrupt." Does anyone know what
> this mean? Do I need to reconfigure my Audacity program and/or Nero. Is
> this voice file a data file or audio file. Appreciate the help.
>
> Douglas

Try to open the files in question in a wave editing program like
Cooledit Pro and if they are not readable audio files they will not open
in this program but if they do save them as a Windows wave and try to
burn them again.