Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Registration problem

Registration problem

Steve

Hi,

I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
* 1 -> at home => works fine
* The second one, at my friend house.

The last one, doesn't register...

SIP.CONF
[121]

type=friend
username=121
secret=121
host=dynamic
callerid=121
context=default
mailbox=121
canreinvite=no
nat=yes

On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to
make sure I can catch everything

And I can't regsiter....

ANy idea ?

THanks for your help

Jono

Steve pretended :
> Hi,
>
> I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
> I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
> * 1 -> at home => works fine
> * The second one, at my friend house.
>
> The last one, doesn't register...
>
> SIP.CONF
> [121]
>
> type=friend
> username=121
> secret=121
> host=dynamic
> callerid=121
> context=default
> mailbox=121
> canreinvite=no
> nat=yes
>
> On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to make
> sure I can catch everything
>
> And I can't regsiter....
>
> ANy idea ?
>
> THanks for your help

Have you got:

localnet=192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
externip=your.ip.or.hostname
nat=yes

....in your sip.conf?

Remote extensions are painful with NAT, let alone NAT at both sites.

You also need to port forward 10000-20000 for RTP....

Some of the ports below may also be required:

8000 - 8012
3478 - 3483
5004 - 5036
4560 - 4570

harrogate3

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Steve pretended :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
> > I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
> > * 1 -> at home => works fine
> > * The second one, at my friend house.
> >
> > The last one, doesn't register...
> >
> > SIP.CONF
> > [121]
> >
> > type=friend
> > username=121
> > secret=121
> > host=dynamic
> > callerid=121
> > context=default
> > mailbox=121
> > canreinvite=no
> > nat=yes
> >
> > On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090]

(just to make
> > sure I can catch everything
> >
> > And I can't regsiter....
> >
> > ANy idea ?
> >
> > THanks for your help

> Have you got:
>
> localnet=192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
> externip=your.ip.or.hostname
> nat=yes
>
> ...in your sip.conf?
>
> Remote extensions are painful with NAT, let alone NAT at both sites.
>
> You also need to port forward 10000-20000 for RTP....
>
> Some of the ports below may also be required:
>
> 8000 - 8012
> 3478 - 3483
> 5004 - 5036
> 4560 - 4570
> 2727

Jono

I'm going through a similar problem with the X-lite softphone and with
a Sipura ATA2000 on Sipgate and voip.co.uk. I have a preconfigured
X-Lite softphone supplied by Sipgate and it works perfectly with
incoming calls without the need to port forward through my router. The
non-preconfigured softphone looks to register with either Sipgate or
voip but I cannot make calls: the Sipura will not register with
either.

My Belkin router will only permit one UDP range to be forwarded per IP
address. How do I manage the others? I have even tried the DMZ with no
joy.

Any advice gratefully received - it's driving me batty!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Jono

harrogate3 laid this down on his screen :
> "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Steve pretended :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
>>> I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
>>> * 1 -> at home => works fine
>>> * The second one, at my friend house.
>>>
>>> The last one, doesn't register...
>>>
>>> SIP.CONF
>>> [121]
>>>
>>> type=friend
>>> username=121
>>> secret=121
>>> host=dynamic
>>> callerid=121
>>> context=default
>>> mailbox=121
>>> canreinvite=no
>>> nat=yes
>>>
>>> On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to
>>> make sure I can catch everything
>>>
>>> And I can't regsiter....
>>>
>>> ANy idea ?
>>>
>>> THanks for your help

>> Have you got:
>>
>> localnet=192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
>> externip=your.ip.or.hostname
>> nat=yes
>>
>> ...in your sip.conf?
>>
>> Remote extensions are painful with NAT, let alone NAT at both sites.
>>
>> You also need to port forward 10000-20000 for RTP....
>>
>> Some of the ports below may also be required:
>>
>> 8000 - 8012
>> 3478 - 3483
>> 5004 - 5036
>> 4560 - 4570
>> 2727
>>

> Jono
>
> I'm going through a similar problem with the X-lite softphone and with
> a Sipura ATA2000 on Sipgate and voip.co.uk. I have a preconfigured
> X-Lite softphone supplied by Sipgate and it works perfectly with
> incoming calls without the need to port forward through my router. The
> non-preconfigured softphone looks to register with either Sipgate or
> voip but I cannot make calls: the Sipura will not register with
> either.
>
> My Belkin router will only permit one UDP range to be forwarded per IP
> address. How do I manage the others? I have even tried the DMZ with no
> joy.
>
> Any advice gratefully received - it's driving me batty!

Is it the SPA you're having probs with, in particular?

Have you given it a static IP address on your LAN? If so, make sure you
also enter the DNS server IP addresses too, otherwise it won't be able
to look up the server's address - the SPA doesn't think "Oh, I'll use
the router as a DNS server" you actually need to enter the addresses
manually.

Steve

Steve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
> I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
> * 1 -> at home => works fine
> * The second one, at my friend house.
>
> The last one, doesn't register...
>
> SIP.CONF
> [121]
>
> type=friend
> username=121
> secret=121
> host=dynamic
> callerid=121
> context=default
> mailbox=121
> canreinvite=no
> nat=yes
>
> On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090] (just to
> make sure I can catch everything
>
> And I can't regsiter....
>
> ANy idea ?
>
> THanks for your help

I made the test, but without any success..
I try as well to leave my machine on DMZ zone, adn works fine.. I
suppose that my router is the problem (Router Billion 7300G)

That's really annoying....

FOR info, (and I don't lknow why) X-lite v3.0, try to regsiter on port
absolutely crasy ; something like 43000... anyway...

harrogate3

news:f28rbv$3o1$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Steve wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just have setup an Asterisk server at home.
> > I have 2 phones (at the moment) connected
> > * 1 -> at home => works fine
> > * The second one, at my friend house.
> >
> > The last one, doesn't register...
> >
> > SIP.CONF
> > [121]
> >
> > type=friend
> > username=121
> > secret=121
> > host=dynamic
> > callerid=121
> > context=default
> > mailbox=121
> > canreinvite=no
> > nat=yes
> >
> > On my router I declared : the SIP available port [5050 - 5090]

(just to
> > make sure I can catch everything
> >
> > And I can't regsiter....
> >
> > ANy idea ?
> >
> > THanks for your help
> >

> I made the test, but without any success..
> I try as well to leave my machine on DMZ zone, adn works fine.. I
> suppose that my router is the problem (Router Billion 7300G)
>
> That's really annoying....
>
> FOR info, (and I don't lknow why) X-lite v3.0, try to regsiter on

port
> absolutely crasy ; something like 43000... anyway...

Snap - mine does as well.....................

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

harrogate3

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> harrogate3 laid this down on his screen :
> > "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> >> Steve pretended :

(just to

> >> Have you got:
> >>
> >> localnet=192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
> >> externip=your.ip.or.hostname
> >> nat=yes
> >>
> >> ...in your sip.conf?
> >>
> >> Remote extensions are painful with NAT, let alone NAT at both

sites.

> >> You also need to port forward 10000-20000 for RTP....
> >>
> >> Some of the ports below may also be required:
> >>
> >> 8000 - 8012
> >> 3478 - 3483
> >> 5004 - 5036
> >> 4560 - 4570
> >> 2727
> >>

> > Jono
> >
> > I'm going through a similar problem with the X-lite softphone and

with
> > a Sipura ATA2000 on Sipgate and voip.co.uk. I have a preconfigured
> > X-Lite softphone supplied by Sipgate and it works perfectly with
> > incoming calls without the need to port forward through my router.

The
> > non-preconfigured softphone looks to register with either Sipgate

or
> > voip but I cannot make calls: the Sipura will not register with
> > either.
> >
> > My Belkin router will only permit one UDP range to be forwarded

per IP
> > address. How do I manage the others? I have even tried the DMZ

with no
> > joy.
> >
> > Any advice gratefully received - it's driving me batty!

> Is it the SPA you're having probs with, in particular?
>
> Have you given it a static IP address on your LAN? If so, make sure

you
> also enter the DNS server IP addresses too, otherwise it won't be

able
> to look up the server's address - the SPA doesn't think "Oh, I'll

use
> the router as a DNS server" you actually need to enter the addresses
> manually.

Curiously although I only have nnn.nnn.nnn.1-3 allocated, if I leave
DHCP active it always registers as 18. Have tried static addressing
but to no joy.

What I don't understand is why one softphone works OK incoming but not
outgoing in the same or a later version. The fact that I seem to have
no joy with either softphone or ATA suggests to me it is a routing
problem but I'll be blowed if I can find out what/where it is! Maybe
time to ditch the Belkin and get a Netgear or Cisco?